Hancock Seed Company?

I use them annually for harder to find seeds. Terrific.

I use them annually for harder to find seeds. Terrific.
Same here, different small quantities seed.

Thanks, guys. Think I might give them a try this year. Website states that they farm their own seeds so they're not a re-seller, which I think would attest to quality of the product. I'll post pics as the plots develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used them when they had a particular seed on sale and they had the best price even with shipping. Worked out fine.

I've used them yearly for about 10 year's great results.

side note, that mix you listed is 50 % rye and oats, two very cheap seeds, oats are about 8 bux per fifty, rye maybe 16 bux for fifty lbs.......... so about 6 bux for 50 lbs worth of the blend in that bag.

side note, that mix you listed is 50 % rye and oats, two very cheap seeds, oats are about 8 bux per fifty, rye maybe 16 bux for fifty lbs.......... so about 6 bux for 50 lbs worth of the blend in that bag.

10-4. I'll have to do a little research. Thanks for the heads up

lookj at what else is in the blend, find it sold by the pound, and buy 2 50 lb sacks, one oat, one rye, and blend up your own, and make that plot bigger!

If I were to make my own mix, I would look for a clover that could handle piney woods (as best as possible), Oats and maybe some winter wheat and winter rye.

Website states that they farm their own seeds so they're not a re-seller, which I think would attest to quality of the product.
I love Hancock Seeds. Very professional and customer focused. The problem with seed is the shipping. Seed is one of those things best transported by the tractor-trailer load. Sending 50-lb bags USPS or UPS gets expensive.

"....farm their own seeds...." It might not mean what you think it does. They might, personally, grow some of what they sell, but seed companies (and Hancock is) contract with "farmers" specializing in seed production. There are parts of the country -- and the world -- where climate conditions are ideal for producing certain types of seed. Like everyone else, they need to go where it grows.

There warehouse is 4 miles from my house. Great family and service. If you try them you will not be disappointed.