Seeds for 2023

Maybe. I only used fresh seed. Maybe crimson doesn't last as long as typical red/white because its larger seed?
Where are you located TenPoint? Both SD and I are in zone 3.....which gets some harsh winters. May be part of the issue.

Regarding the Hairy Vetch.....I've never planted any to this point. And I am not sure that I will. Sounds like it can be invasive and hard to control / terminate. Not sure I need it with my winter rye to provide the mulch and weed suppressant.

Where are you located TenPoint? Both SD and I are in zone 3.....which gets some harsh winters. May be part of the issue.

Regarding the Hairy Vetch.....I've never planted any to this point. And I am not sure that I will. Sounds like it can be invasive and hard to control / terminate. Not sure I need it with my winter rye to provide the mulch and weed suppressant. Hollow stem grasses like Winter Rye are easier to terminate with roller crimping. I've also had some concerns about planting green in the Hairy Vetch....but no experience.

Regarding the Hairy Vetch.....I've never planted any to this point. And I am not sure that I will. Sounds like it can be invasive and hard to control / terminate. Not sure I need it with my winter rye to provide the mulch and weed suppressant.
Central WI. 4b