SC Kansas

Apples were probably smallest crop ever,a few of the crabs produced and pears did OK,asian pears did about the same and no acorns.Now the only acorns com from trees I planted as there are no native ones on the property.Here is a doe trying to swallow a pear and they are still pretty hard

Attachments

• peardoe.jpg
    peardoe.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 95
  • peardoe-1.jpg
    peardoe-1.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 57
Planted some plots for the second time today and decided I would put this one to alfalfa.so it was rolled and broadcasted and rolled again.Now hopefully it rains

Attachments

• alfalfa field.jpg
    alfalfa field.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 55
I've been getting pics of velvet coming off too. I have pears... deer haven't figured them out yet.

A neighbor down the road has bucks in a high fence. I saw a big, non-typical in there shedding velvet over a week ago now. My wife said she saw one the other day shedding when she drove by. I kind of figured shedding would be pretty wide spread especially in a confined space like that. Most of them still have their velvet intact though. The bucks here on the farm are all out of velvet now.

I had them start shedding 2 weeks ago but have a NT that hasn't started yet

Almost all of my latest pics are out of velvet now. A couple small spikes/3 pts still fuzzy.

I don't tie some of my cages down on the bigger apple trees

Attachments

• cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 35
  • cage-2.jpg
    cage-2.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 32
  • cage-1.jpg
    cage-1.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 30
I was lucky none of these bucks decided to rub on that uncaged tree

Attachments

• cage-3.jpg
    cage-3.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 28
  • cage-5.jpg
    cage-5.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 29
  • cage-6.jpg
    cage-6.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 46
I went to farm today and one of my gates had the chain broke off and lock and chain was laying like gate was pushed out towards road.I called SO in case some strange had occured but with the wind and sand no tracks in road. Nothing had been taken so I checked a couple cameras as there is a very unmaintained road coming from another farm field to this piece but you have to drive 1/2 mile of sand field road drive down a CRP firebreak and through the timber.Sure enough some trespasser drove through there,unknown why but SO is checking if there were any chases around the area. The big surprise was what they were driving

Attachments

• car-5.jpg
    car-5.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 57
I have no idea why it attached all my past pictures

Did you zoom in on the driver?
WTF? Something from walking dead driving a beetle….

Is the reflection on the door from a white flash trail cam?

68C52EED-7BA0-44D8-93E8-743D4D5B1BFE.png

Did you zoom in on the driver?
WTF? Something from walking dead driving a beetle….

Is the reflection on the door from a white flash trail cam?

View attachment 46182
Inflation is no joke when the walking dead are driving beatles casing places to come back and rob. Don’t want to case places driving the truck they use to rob you blind gas is to expensive.

It's a browning and most of mine are no glow but don't know about that one.I doubt if he comes back and there will be another gate at the other entrance.I wouldn't have drove a car the first 100 yards past where the road ends and he drove at least 1/2 mile of no road.I guess better late at night than when I was sitting in the stand.Don't know what I would have though with a VW beetle driving through my food plot

I really used to doubt if all the work for fruit trees was worth it but this year with it being so dry and this apple is about the only apple to produce every animal seems to come around this tree.These are everything from armadillos,coyotes,coons,deer turkeys.I really see alot more trapping is needed this year. Heres a pretty buck going after a snack

Attachments

• narrow10-16.jpg
    narrow10-16.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 64
Well 100 acres of soybeans on the farm got totaled by insurance today.I will drill some wheat for a cover crop tomorrow.Most of the beans don't have any beans so when completely dry they will be pretty useless

Well 100 acres of soybeans on the farm got totaled by insurance today.I will drill some wheat for a cover crop tomorrow.Most of the beans don't have any beans so when completely dry they will be pretty useless
I had about 60 acres of beans like that on me the other 80 acres at least had some beans in the pods 9 bushels per acre when averaged all together. Bad year for my row crop guy.

I that pic he does,he's all over the place but if I can keep him alive to see what next year brings.We don't get very many NT.Thats not saying if he walks by again I might think he is 5.5 and he will get shot