New blank canvas farm tour in Northern MO

Dang, I read further and see you have some dead ones. Sucks!! We don't have much on cams so I'm wondering if we lost some too.

Looking good and I know the feeling of weak fall plots. After years of fall plot failures we waved the white flag and converted our last few plots to clover/chicory.

Some guys are having great luck drilling RC Big Rock in June and even later, on well prepped ground. I think you'll have much better results than frost seeding.
I wasn't planning on drilling the switch in and was planning on frost seeding. My thought was ease of spreading this winter and also I was hoping to get it up as soon as possible next year. The other benefit is the in-field cold stratification this winter (although it sounds like this is less of a concern with RC Big Rock). Would you still advocate for late spring drilling over frost seeding?

I wasn't planning on drilling the switch in and was planning on frost seeding. My thought was ease of spreading this winter and also I was hoping to get it up as soon as possible next year. The other benefit is the in-field cold stratification this winter (although it sounds like this is less of a concern with RC Big Rock). Would you still advocate for late spring drilling over frost seeding?
The biggest advantage to the RC line is that they don't need to be cold stratified. The biggest benefit of that is the ability to kill the first or second flush of weed/grass growth in April/May before seeding.

I have had luck broadcasting seed (not frost seeding) onto bare soil in May. I prefer moist soil and day after a rain and then cultipacking the seed to press it into the soil. Spray simazine or atrazine and let it go, will be 6-8' in the second year without issue doing this method.

Check out the Switchgrass post on Iowawhitetail https://iowawhitetail.com/community/forums/dbltrees-habitat-corner.45/. Iowabowunter1983 has been doing it will great success and advocates for Duracor herbicide as well. He has a video of August planting RC that looks incredible. I think Higgins is waiting until soil temps up now as well and is drilling it in. I would do it for sure since you have a drill. My frost seeding attemps have failed down there.

That’s a nice looking farm ! Deer country