WI gun opener coming up

Guess the score, mine was 163 3/8s.
117f33301247e42879b1efa523f877d0.jpg

175 1/4 way off
c8c8d9cceef759387be8990c60135cfd.jpg

Sipping a beer, watching my son smile, catching up with my hunting buddies, and watching the snow fall......priceless. About 2 inches on the ground so far.

Any guess on how many elk get shot? Bought my license in Black River Falls today and there was a poster this is what an elk looks like, this is a whitetail...dont confuse the two.

Any guess on how many elk get shot? Bought my license in Black River Falls today and there was a poster this is what an elk looks like, this is a whitetail...dont confuse the two.

Which one is an elk?

Sent from my 8g phone.

Tomorrow is the big day for the Wisconsin guys.

Be safe, be smart, and enjoy the company. The deer are just a bonus.

Jake is tucked in, pumped for the big hunt, and dad is sipping a beer feeling like the luckiest guy in the world. Life is good.

John

Sent from my 8g phone.

I'm ready. The weather will be perfect. Just got to get out there and wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drinking too much and staying up too late, typical Friday night before the opener for me. :D

Drinking too much and staying up too late, typical Friday night before the opener for me. :D

Yep. But oohhh that makes for a rough walk in in the morning. But hey by noonish you'll be good :D

Don't forget the pics people!

I'm home now so I'm living through you're week.

Good luck everyone!

By next year we need live video feeds on here. Sitting on the couch waiting for my daughters basketball practice. The suspense is killing me. Hope the great hunting continues.

There was a moose shot about 7 miles west of our place around 15 years ago. The guy called the DNR and turned himself in and paid a fine, not sure if they let him keep it.

Just tagged out on the 140's ten that i was so close on during bow!!!!!!!My son passed him. Bow buck hunting starting sunday. Life is goood!!!!!!
Congrats.

Real quiet by me. Less than 15 shots all from a distance.

89dfa5ff6b005309954e37ab4f2b8ed7.jpg

Pretty quiet here too. I thought today would be the day. We normally don't see much until the evenings though so I haven't completely given up hope yet. Makes me wonder why I sit the morning though.

Really quiet here also. Maybe 25 shots but nothing real close to me. Zero deer so far...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Not a deer see by us this morning.

Jake and I saw 2 does this am, one of the does is at the top of the hit list.

She is as big as a moose and smart as they get.

They fed on acorns for a half hour towards us. Then at the last minute, she just turned around and went back from where she came from. Wind was perfect, she never saw is, yet she is still walking.

We are setup on standing beans and corn near where she bedded.

Hope to get rid of "smart one" as Jake calls her tonight. Unless a buck comes first :)

Sent from my 8g phone.

Watching the news and some areas of southern WI got 14-17" of snow.

I would of went back to bed if we had that amount.

Woke up to 3 inches of snow. Sat with my son and saw 7 meatheads this am and 1 nubber this pm. No one else saw much the whole day. Most of the shooting heard came from the wandering brown spray it down neighbors. We saw more coyote tracks then deer tracks. Hopefully tomor will be better. My wife was sitting with my daughter up north and saw 1 bobcat and 7 does during her first time ever hunting.