WI gun opener coming up

I might be the exception, but I can't wait until gun season is over. Good luck to the guys here, I know all of you respect the game/resource/tradition.

Just use two 45 caliber horse pistols...One for each hand.

Right! Like Captain Jack Sparrow! LOL!!!

JackArmsOut.jpg

I might be the exception, but I can't wait until gun season is over. Good luck to the guys here, I know all of you respect the game/resource/tradition.

I enjoy it, and like spending time with friends... But the real reason I stick around all week is to keep an eye on the property.

Jake and I hunt VERY lightly, hoping Mr. Big will move in and take a 9 day rest. We've never had a trespasser knock on wood, and it seems the bucks are figuring out where it's safe.

-John

The excitement is building. The week before the opener is always one of the longest weeks of the year. Forecast looks a bit on the cold side, but not brutal by any means.

^^^ AccuWeather is saying a high of 30° with a "realfeel" temp of 16° for Saturday. Sunday looks to be real close to the same.

So a little cooler than last weekend? :)

-John

My bow season was good so my rifle hunt will be keeping trespassers & predators off and making my 40 a sanctuary. That is unless a wall hanger comes by.

Never been part of a deer camp really, hope you all have a wonderful time. I'll be flying solo this year in hopes one special buck makes his way over.

Never been part of a deer camp really, hope you all have a wonderful time. I'll be flying solo this year in hopes one special buck makes his way over.

Because of my own expectations, my deer camp consists of my son and I.

We visit several other camps throughout the week, but it's just him and I hunting the fringes. Trying our best to let the deer enter, and not exit. We'll get 'em next year with a bow!

-John

AccuWeather is saying 4-8" of snow from Friday afternoon into Saturday morning.

The RealFeel temp at 7am Saturday morning will be a balmy 4°.

Wow. We are expecting less than an inch by me. And better temps. Things look perfect for Saturday really. Kapowwwwwwwwwwww

No snow in the forecast now for Western WI. If I had my way it would downpour so less deer are shot in my area.

Oh snap!

weather.com not showing the snow yet but weatherunderground has us getting 1-3" on Friday.

My have to crank the heater setting to medium to keep shadowhunter temp@65.:)
Scratching my head wondering why I built an "open" tower stand this year

My have to crank the heater setting to medium to keep shadowhunter temp@65.:)

I'm going to crawl into the Heater Body Suit and silently swear. :)

Think positive, you can play pocket pool and not get busted.:)

LOL! I guess there's always a silver lining.

slowest week of the year by far.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/...appointing-Wisconsin-deer-hunt-351410821.html

License sales are down I guess...probably will get mine Friday since I forgot to do it last weekend and I'm out of state until Thursday night.

extended-3.JPG

Looks like snow Friday afternoon thru Sat morning. Track too uncertain yet to give estimates. Temps will be cool I saw a low of 15 Sunday morning. Good thing I just picked up another pair of boot muffs for my son. They are the best for keeping your feet warm.