WI gun opener coming up

I'm worthless at work today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are funny :)

Our rifle season begins Saturday as well and runs 2 weeks (too long)... I will be out there for the first 9 days...

and that's different from any other day ?????? :p

Exactly.

I'm worthless at work today.

Luckily, most of my customers are hunters and are also preoccupied....which makes my lethargic "go get um" attitude more acceptable.
My Dad worked at the old Uniroyal plant in Eau Claire, they used to close that entire plant during deer hunting ( I think around 650 workers)....only the salaried employees were required to work. You don' t see that anymore that I'm aware of.

I'm stuck with a 10+ hr day today and likely a full day tomorrow. Gotta "clean" some stuff up before vacation starts.

So I'll be the idiot driving north into and through WI during the snowstorm with the other 100,000 bozos.

I'm stuck with a 10+ hr day today and likely a full day tomorrow. Gotta "clean" some stuff up before vacation starts.

So I'll be the idiot driving north into and through WI during the snowstorm with the other 100,000 bozos.

Takes one to know one

I only need to drive a hour and a half north from Madison but the Friday night before gun season I94 is insane for driving. I have seen guys flip their pickup trucks just trying to get to their hunting shacks quicker. I'm leaving early so with the snow and insane driving I'm no where's near 94 at 6:00 pm.

I just had two customers leave after about an hour of being here. Five minutes of talking about work and the rest bullshitting about the upcoming hunt.

Now they're on their way to get some cheese curds for everybody.

I host a poker party tonight at the cabin - an annual event that doesn't compete with Friday night before hunting. Friends and neighbors come and go all night. Not everyone plays hold'em but we all have a barley pop or two and shoot the breeze.

Then Saturday night, I invite all of the land owners over for dinner.

I'm looking forward to it, can't wait to get out of here by 5:00!!

-John

I host a poker party tonight at the cabin - an annual event that doesn't compete with Friday night before hunting. Friends and neighbors come and go all night. Not everyone plays hold'em but we all have a barley pop or two and shoot the breeze.

Then Saturday night, I invite all of the land owners over for dinner.

I'm looking forward to it, can't wait to get out of here by 5:00!!

-John

What time should I be over?

Good luck up there.

Don't forget the pics!

We just finished the first half barrel. Took us two weeks, but things will be flowing much faster the next ten days. 11 days straight of food comma starting tomorrow. I will likely gain 10 pound....

946bdc67de52f5d65b2ded04625ea56a.jpg

Got up to the farm last night ... walked in and all the stress just drained away.

Terrible winds last night. Got up this morning and saw one of the 10' barn doors was blown off the barn and two large limbs now across the driveway.

Looks like I got my morning planned ...

Got up to the farm last night ... walked in and all the stress just drained away.

Terrible winds last night. Got up this morning and saw one of the 10' barn doors was blown off the barn and two large limbs now across the driveway.

Looks like I got my morning planned ...
It wouldn't be deer camp if "some" work wasn't involved.

It wouldn't be deer camp if "some" work wasn't involved.

Someone asked me once ... "what would you do if you retired, how would you stay busy? ..."

I just smiled and said ... spend a week with me at the farm, you'll think going back to work is a vacation ...;)