WI gun opener coming up

I did my opening day, saw nothing but one big a$$ woodpecker now I done. The Amish around me hunt public ground opening weekend. Then they push the hood. Since bow was good to me my place is now a sanctuary. I hope it works.

Self and brother here from California saw a good number of deer had 8 pointer show up this evening so he took. Both of us in same blind so was fun main goal was to get him deer. Anyway I then grabbed tractor loaded his deer and off field asap. Was prime time and 30 minutes later we had nice tall tined 10 step out exact same spot and I dropped him on spot with the 243. A day we will both remember.
Gun Deer 2015.JPG

Last edited:
Burned some yardbird, 4 moscow mules, reviewed trailcam pics, peace out. Enjoy the day all.
I had to look up both yard bird and Moscow mule

Congrats UP Powers!

Pics?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a097dd3c68a3df5b714b020376f99dac.jpg

6f02e3127ea13dbe3d6f2c16d6fe79da.jpg

86ac78966362bf077554d0f7b5ea1b92.jpg

14 seen this morning between the two of us.

Decent amount of shooting too. More than I would of thought.

Still have a little snow hanging on.

20151122_092538.jpg

there you go.. Very happy with him and he is caped out. Good feeling when you can get em and even a better feeling when the well wishes come pouring in. Friends of friends have sent me texts and it's quite a humbling feeling. What a great sport we all share together. Good luck to everyone, unfortunately I am tagged out in Wi!! Off to the UP now.

Attachments

• 20151122_131307~01~01.jpg
    20151122_131307~01~01.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 39
there you go.. Very happy with him and he is caped out. Good feeling when you can get em and even a better feeling when the well wishes come pouring in. Friends of friends have sent me texts and it's quite a humbling feeling. What a great sport we all share together. Good luck to everyone, unfortunately I am tagged out in Wi!! Off to the UP now.

Heck of a deer! Congrats again.

Heck of a deer! Congrats again.
thanks so much.. Lots of hard work and lots of dedication. All came down to putting myself in a position to execute on what I thought this deer will do. I was right and he made a mistake. It's that simple.

That's a beast!

Congrats...

Pics
Just tagged out on the 140's ten that i was so close on during bow!!!!!!!My son passed him. Bow buck hunting starting sunday. Life is goood!!!!!!

Where are the pics & hero shot ... we need evidence ... :p

Congrats!

From what I'm hearing about the UP season doing that again up there could be a huge accomplishment.

I had to look up both yard bird and Moscow mule
Me too.

I'm going to make everyone else look them up too

Sent from my 8g phone.

Its been a hectic deer camp. 4 buck/3 doe hung and quartered out. I had s 10 yard chipshot on a bow doe, went for heart , which i never due, hit too low at a steep angle, trailed 180 yards in the swamp, she will be fine. The old 6.5 yo was killed in a fight a few days prior to the gun opener. Mine taped at 133. I just taped our best bow kill ftpm last year@158/148 net. 3 hunters still in camp. Bowhunt this am then off to madison to overnite, pickup the fiance, couples massage, then back to camp.tdinner is wed nite as 12 are heading to lambeau in a waupaca limo(jd pulling a shitspreader?) thursday pm.

Look at the neck on that 10. HOLY crap.. What a pig. Thick!!!!! Great bucks. I don't get the other pic though.. Funny, just worried about "all age groups" seeing it.

From what I'm hearing about the UP season doing that again up there could be a huge accomplishment.

I don't know.. I have a lot of pics of people tagging out on some great yooper bucks. One of the guys at the feed mill in Bark River tagged out on a 13 pt with Chocolate horns, black forehead, and mass like I haven't seen in years. I won't post the pic as I don't find it appropriate to post other peoples deer. But, I can tell you it's an incredible buck. Lots of great bucks being killed up there! Neighbors kid shot a beautiful 8pt!! Love the kid stories. The guy building my pole barn right now shot a 10pt off of his porch opening day. 17 inside. I don't know.. I keep going over the pics on my phone.. buck after buck after buck that I would have killed. Oh.. that pic of that 8 shot next to my camp. NOT one pic of it all year. My other neighbor said, "we saw a giant at 200 yards in the field, brought gun up, deer running, no shot." He said it was all of 20 wide and tall tines. So... needless to say, I love Wisconsin, but my heart and soul is in the UP.

It's been quiet shot wise and I expect a very quiet morning here Monday morning with the pressure way down