The golden rule....

Status
Not open for further replies.

John-W-WI

Administrator
I've been contacted (more than once) recently about the "tone" of the forum.

Some of the people (who are not guilty of the bad tone) have chosen to leave for a while, others think they might do the same.

I'm not calling anyone out or picking sides, but for pete's sake, can we we all just get along? If you have a beef with someone, PM them and take it up privately. Enough bashing already.

It's hunting season. Lets talk about something positive (or don't talk at all).

Please don't reply to this thread explaining anything. I'm not interested in the back story.

Say something nice or don't say anything at all.

If you find that too hard to do, maybe you need to find a new place to hang out.

I hope the rest of you stay and enjoy the forum.

Thanks,

-John

Thank you, John for reminding all of us.

I will play if you start booting guys who don't. I grow weary of one individual and if he get the boot I think it all ends. You want positive start booting the dipsticks on this forum.

I will play if you start booting guys who don't. I grow weary of one individual and if he get the boot I think it all ends. You want positive start booting the dipsticks on this forum.

Bat Man, I wasn't asking for your permission. Read my original post, if what I'm asking is out of line, feel free to leave. So far, I'm not booting anyone. I'll hold everyone to the same standard.

95%+ posts on the forums are positive/helpful/educational and we get the hand slap for the other 5%. Okay. Couldn't possibly be those folks who have an agenda from the other forum who have an axe to grind complaining. Screw it....I'll take my contributions/offensive posts elsewhere. God forbid I ever post something that somebody finds offensive/objectionable.

smsmith, we've had this discussion before. And your post on facebook makes my original point.

We will miss your 95% positive posts, if the other 5% is too much to ask I guess we'll see you somewhere else.

Thanks,

-John

Never knew you were such a delicate flower John. Good luck with the forums. Its been getting quieter and quieter for quite awhile. I'm sure it will pick up quite a bit once I'm gone.

Insult me all you like. I made a simple request. If that is too much to ask, I guess you need to move on. See you on the flip side.

-John

Stu, batman, anyone

It's never perfect BUT, I'm glad to see no one here is bullet proof.

I've been on forums where there was always a couple of guys that had pictures or something. At least here all sides have been smacked a time or two. :D

Hey John :p

See im still here.

For now

John Started a good thing here. If I have ever said or posted anything to offend ANYONE I'm sorry.

Let the post deleting begin....never understood why forum administration give people that right...A couple places I go you got 24 hours to edit your post and than it is locked. ..can't edit or delete it

95%+ posts on the forums are positive/helpful/educational and we get the hand slap for the other 5%. Okay. Couldn't possibly be those folks who have an agenda from the other forum who have an axe to grind complaining. Screw it....I'll take my contributions/offensive posts elsewhere. God forbid I ever post something that somebody finds offensive/objectionable.

It's called life, I would not worry about it!

Guys-I think we got a good thing going here. Lots of good information.
Let's try and follow John's rules. He has done all of us a big favor.

The Forum is good, and we appreciate what John started. There is no question about that! But this forum started with a bunch of guys that bucked the system on other forums. Now we are expected to tow the line so to speak, all because some of us at times have hurt someones feelings once in a while? Most of us are direct and to the point in life and on forums. So what! We are all type "A' personalities, Time for some others to grow thick skin and stop bitching to the man! If anyone or any venture can have a 95% success ratio, in today's world? I call that pretty good! But that's just me!

Love the forum, would prefer no change to it.

Whenever I get frustrated with a project or effort it means I need to get away from it for awhile. It helps as sometimes you get so involved that you need time away so you can see it from a different angle.

I am easily offended by pictures of bucks bigger than mine. I am going to request guys stop posting them. Please. If you don't I am telling John. Cause they hurt my feelings.

Let's go huntin' and enjoy what this is all about. Back to the forum after the rut!
Good idea. Sorry if I stepped out of bounds at all. Everybody just needs to relax. We should all go visit some one with a terminal illness today......That'll put things back in to perspective!!!

John Started a good thing here. If I have ever said or posted anything to offend ANYONE I'm sorry.

I'll send this, I can be abrasive at times but really mean no harm.

What fun would this place be if it was all duckies and bunnies? Perhaps we can have a sub forum devoted to kitten pictures? I'll get us started.
ss47d.jpg

I could be wrong, but my read is that John is too concerned over everyone being happy and never offended. I've only been an active part of 4 forums over my life. This one is by FAR the tamest of them all, not even close.

John, I know you didn't ask for my opinion, it isn't worth more than anyone elses (less than many) and I'm probably out of line offering it, but what you are trying to do is equivalent to herding cats. I believe this already is as close to the utopian type forum you want as you will ever get, assuming you'd also like it to be at least somewhat active. In the entire time I've been here, I can count on 1 hand how many times things have even come close to crossing lines, IMO/E. From what I've seen everywhere else, that's absolutely nothing. Utopia doesn't exist, but this place is about as close to a forum utopia as I can imagine, from a "lets all play nice" stand point.

I can tell you this much. I don't think there is anyone that has been "attacked" more than me here...Maybe Dipper, but he and I are big boys. Maybe it bugs him, but it doesn't me in the least, and he's been the one "attacking" me by far the most. So, I'd chalk that up to you get what you give, and NONE of these "attacks" have been even marginally bad/out of line, compared to what's normal on the net/forums. This is the internet and the internet can't be completely controlled. If you keep trying to, I'd put my $ on it becoming a huge time sucker for you (and that almost always makes things worse, not better) with this forum drying up and withering away.

I'm NOT trying to tell you what to do. I'm just sharing an observation that you didn't ask for...My motive is simply because this has become my favorite place on the web and it's at a cross roads. Go this direction and I fear it dies a pretty swift death.

Good idea. Sorry if I stepped out of bounds at all. Everybody just needs to relax. We should all go visit some one with a terminal illness today......That'll put things back in to perspective!!!

That ain't no s***! At work now and ran on a midget this morning that was physically and abused by her 6'+ tall husband! Our life is good gents! I promise lol

Status
Not open for further replies.