The golden rule....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this a rule or just a suggestion?

bat man,

I recommend you go hang out on Jim's new forum. I hear you can say the "F" word over there and not even get in trouble!

For the record, I just banned you and Stu. I'm done.

-John

At the risk of being banned or motivating you to pull the plug on the entire site, I have to ask a question. Why have the site?

I don't see how it helps your business. As you said many probably don't know your business from reading here.

You do not post very often. I have no idea if you read most of what goes on here. It appears to me you do not participate much.

You don't seem to enjoy it. Has owning this site become a hassle?

It is a great site where I have learned a lot. But why do it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At the risk of being banned or motivating you to pull the plug on the entire site, I have to ask a question. Why have the site?

I don't see how it helps your business. As you said many probably don't know your business from reading here.

You do not post very often. I have no idea if you read most of what goes on here. It appears to me you do not participate much.

Can't speak for John but from what I've seen he created this as a favor to some old friends who were booted or D.O.R.'d

Reagan,

As I've posted before, I was simply tying to create a place that like minded habitat people could get together and help each other.

Maybe I underestimated how difficult that might be???

I didn't start the site to help my business, I did it more for personal reasons. Back in the day on the 'other' forum, it seemed we shared info and helped everyone that had a question.

I hope we can do the same here.

-John

I really don't care why this site was started. I'm just glad it was.

bat man,

I recommend you go hang out on Jim's new forum. I hear you can say the "F" word over there and not even get in trouble!

For the record, I just banned you and Stu. I'm done.

-John

You ban Batman over a little joke? Wow, that is too bad!

I really don't believe there has been anyone complaining, other than maybe yourself John. Being thin skinned and running a forum, is not a good equation.

I hope whatever it is in life outside this forum that is bothering you can get worked out. And I mean that. Because You are destroying a good forum of guys you have put together all by yourself.

Take Care!

Sad times.

I don't get the need to agitate. Poke, poke, poke. Poke again. Seems many agree the problem is the way others react while their own behavior is ok. Why can't those wimps just enjoy people being jerks on the Internet?

I'm not sure what started all this but it does get old. If John wants people to act civil on the forum he made for us to learn and share about habitat stuff, I think that is a reasonable request.

Sad times.
It’s a damn shame. For those who are not caught up in this we hate to see damaging results caused from what seems like ego. As smart people we should understand this medium is a poor vehicle for expressing ourselves and often the words written can be interpreted differently than intended.

I go to any forum I want (old or new) and enjoy them as much as I can and leave all the other human imperfections inherit in them behind me. I try my best to ignore the petty stuff and like the occasional time I have to spend with an obnoxious relative I get away from them now and then. Spending to much time on any forum or any other activity is not healthy particularly if you are letting it get to you.

It’s a damn shame. For those who are not caught up in this we hate to see damaging results caused from what seems like ego. As smart people we should understand this medium is a poor vehicle for expressing ourselves and often the words written can be interpreted differently than intended.

I go to any forum I want (old or new) and enjoy them as much as I can and leave all the other human imperfections inherit in them behind me. I try my best to ignore the petty stuff and like the occasional time I have to spend with an obnoxious relative I get away from them now and then. Spending to much time on any forum or any other activity is not healthy particularly if you are letting it get to you.

Good post, Jerry.

Now it's time to go hunt'n.
Everyone should take a break and enjoy what is often our favorite time of the year.

Ok, that's enough discussion on this one.

In the last 24 hours I've been called a liar, unfair, ego maniac and down right rude. I suppose I have been in some ways. I'm sorry for any thing I did to upset anyone here. I assure you everything I did was in an effort to make this place better for the long haul.

I'm certain this discussion will cost us some members, I hate to see anyone go but understand if you choose to do so. For those that go, good luck wherever you end up. And to those that are staying, lets get back to hunting!

I'm closing this thread and locking it (also removing the sticky).

If anyone has any legitimate concerns, please contact me directly. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks,

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.