Christmas presents for your wife???

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
Lets help each other with Christmas gift ideas for our wives.

Normally my wife and I just pick out a cruise, or a vacation we want to do, and call that our gift to each other. This year my wife says she wants it to feel more like Christmas, and open gifts from each other. While I have always got her something, this year I need to be more creative, and I have no idea.

What are some of the gift ideas you are getting your wifes, or that you have in the past, that has been a hit?

I assume she found something that I want, or thinks I want, and she thinks it is a great idea to get me, and wants something great in return. Would it be wrong to just give her my card and say go get yourself something? Ya, I thought so as well. So I would appreciate any great ideas from you all!

Asking strangers what to get your wife may or may not be a good idea. Theoretically, you're supposed to know the woman better than anybody else ;)
Nice jewelry has been a hit with my wife

Would it be wrong to just give her my card and say go get yourself something? Ya, I thought so as well. So I would appreciate any great ideas from you all!

^^^^ And so the cold war begins ... 😲🤣

My wife and I are past the stage of buying expensive stuff for birthdays and Christmas. Women like being pampered. A gift certificate to a day spa or massage center. You can't go wrong with aromatherapy candles and oils.

A gift certificate to a day spa or massage center. You can't go wrong with aromatherapy candles and oils.
I have no doubt that these things would make your wife happy. They do not make mine happy though, gave them all early on in the marriage, she used them all but told me she doesn't need them gifted again.

Jewelry and sweaters last year. Free diving equipment this year.

Asking strangers what to get your wife may or may not be a good idea. Theoretically, you're supposed to know the woman better than anybody else ;)
See I assumed the same, and I thought she knew me, in that I suck at picking out presents for woman.

My method is simple and repeatable. Practical, Bling, Practical, Bling. Practical means something fun that she likes or can use or wear to have fun. Bling is as the name implies - something sparkly or shiny. Birthdays and Christmas are practical. She gets something fun that she likes to do. She likes to golf, knit, make quilts, anything exercise related etc….it could be equipment she needs, or I take her clothes shopping for stuff she would never buy herself. Valentine’s day and anniversaries are for bling. Valentines is in February, birthday in April, anniversary in July, Christmas in December, so it works out into a nice alternating rotation.

You sure she doesn’t need a new pole saw? Or a bag spreader? Or a 6.5 creedmoor? Or a hang on stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife asked for a John Deere lawn tractor with a snow blower attachment last year. She loves it. The year before that, she asked for a 9MM semi-automatic pistol for home defense. She enjoys practicing with that.

In retrospect, giving my wife a pistol was more than just handing her a material object. It gave her something for spontaneously declaring "Date Night" whenever she wants to. When she can't think of anything else she wants to do for a date, we go to a pistol range together and shoot up a box or two of ammo each. I help her get better and that is a togetherness experience.

Frying pans and vacuum cleaners are not a good idea, but for some reason, a Micky Mouse crock pot was. I paid off my daughters college early last week and let her know that was my gift to her/the family this year, but have gotten her a few basic things.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I get my wife a photo session with a local photographer every year for Christmas. It can be just her, me and her, the whole family… It comes with a promise that I will be available whatever day she chooses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quality jewelry has been a hit, as were a variety of kitchen/cooking items she had specifically pointed out. The 20g Turkey Gun under the tree came about after she declared interest in turkey hunting.

Think back on things she has mentioned she enjoys/wants/likes and go from there. Good luck!

Wife doesn't wear jewelry, doesn't want a new car, and loves the house the way it is. I'm taking her to NY at Christmas for our 25th, but for Christmas I'm kind of at a loss.

You need help but we need a bit from you info wise
Hobbies
Is she a reader
Gardener
Likes to cook?
Clothes preferences ..size ...brands (look in her closet ..when she is gone)
Sews
Music

Does she ever shop/club/volunteer work with some of her girl friends you can ask for ideas or tastes/wishes she has expressed for personal items?

Think back. Did she ever mention anything while you were out? My best gifts to date were a ring and a bracelet. both we saw together months earlier and I told her, buy it. She said no, to expensive.

My ass went right back later alone and got it.

My wife doesn't like jewelry or material stuff and hates any type of spa or massage stuff. The last few years I've been getting her something we can do together, and she loves it. Concert, opera, trip to museum or new city, etc. This year I'm thinking dancing lessons-gulp :(

My wife has been asking me to do dancing lessons for years. She would love that. I just am not sure I can convince me to do that though. I will look around and see what’s local to me for lessons.

Age, early 50’s, loves to go on cruises, but we already have 2 booked, and 2 more are planned to be booked, but waiting on other family members. Not much for jewelry, or expensive bling.

The hard part is practical gifts are difficult, because if we need something, we just buy it. I would say a new vehicle, but I need one before she does, and I don’t want to buy 2 new vehicles back to back.

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming, I can’t be the only one without a clue.

My wife doesn't like jewelry or material stuff and hates any type of spa or massage stuff. The last few years I've been getting her something we can do together, and she loves it. Concert, opera, trip to museum or new city, etc. This year I'm thinking dancing lessons-gulp :(
Yea that is pretty much where we set at our house. She cusses me for not really wanting anything material that is just for fun. She puts "stuff" on her Amazon gift list just to keep people off her back. LOL
I really don't need more "stuff", time flies by and we arent getting any younger. Memories are far more valuable than material things. We have a short list of trips we would like to go on, but that is going to be a few more years before we can probably start enjoying those. Last year we said we bought each other a farm! LOL This year we are trying to buy each other a new house..... 1 house together 😂 We used to shoot our bows together at an indoor range for "date night".