Dads vs daughters for the last varsity scrimmage

Turkey Creek

5 year old buck +
Not habitat related, but just want to brag on my youngest daughter a bit. Our head high school volleyball coach approached us Dads secretly after the last away game and asked if we would be willing to scrimmage our daughters. Hell yes! LOL It was a fun night. We tried to do our best imitations of our daughters both in dress and demeanor. Finally I got to act like a wise ass and not get in trouble for it! LOL Actually she is high energy and is full throttle pump you up hype on the court. That is her stress coping mechanism. She HATES to lose. She is a hell of a player and has college playing ambitions. She is a junior this year and has had some interest from D2 schools and lower. Since most of us Dads are around the 50 year age mark we focused on not giving ourselves life threatening injuries while still showing the girls we can still hang a little with them. At the end of the night my daughter came up to me, wrapped her arms around me and started crying... I was like what the heck just happened? Followed by her saying " I love you thanks for always being my #1 fan. It meant the world to me to see you walk through the door tonight to play." Those my friends are the days you miss the most when they head out into the world on their own. This isn't my 1st rodeo, but it doesn't get any easier!

Dads vball scrimamge.jpg
Ains and me volleyball.jpg

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. Priorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff

Wait til the first one leaves for college

That is the event that will be really difficult

bill

Great stuff

Wait til the first one leaves for college

That is the event that will be really difficult

bill
We have 3 that have "flown the nest already". Only 2 left at home.

Wow, sounds like a blast! I bet it was an amazing night for you guys, thanks for posting!
Congrats on raising a great kid! I'm guessing she will be playing Sub-State games in the morning. Good luck to her and the team!