Deer Blind ... Pre-made Wall Panels & Roof for Assembly Onsite in Difficult to Access locations

Tree Spud

5 year old buck +
I have several areas i want to put up elevated deer blinds; however, not possible to get a tractor or vehicle in to put a blind on top of a stand base. The base will be 8'-12' depending on the location. I can certainly build wall panels and a roof my self, but I am looking for companies that sell pre-made panels and a roof that I could haul out to the stand and then erect onsite. Weight is always a factor and getting a good weather proofed exterior wall covering also important.

The other important factor is assembling the panels and roof. I have looked at several models and you have to be able to be on the outside as well as in to assemble, which is a 2 man job. Looking for something that has all the wall & roof attachments inside.

Probably 4x6 or 5x5 size range.

Anyone know of companies that provide pre-made deer blind panels and roof for something like this?

Maverick makes two blinds that might work. The Booner 5 panel could easily be assembled on site. I did mine that way using temp 2x4 braces, time and few rivets in place of nuts and bolts. I had help with the 8x8 platform. I also believe you could so the same with the 2 piece Maverick. Some guys are using spay insulation to tighten them up.

Maverick makes two blinds that might work. The Booner 5 panel could easily be assembled on site. I did mine that way using temp 2x4 braces, time and few rivets in place of nuts and bolts. I had help with the 8x8 platform. I also believe you could so the same with the 2 piece Maverick. Some guys are using spay insulation to tighten them up.
Not to hijack the thread but I am curious as to your experience with these....I know they also make the Booner blinds which are even more panelized.

Not to hijack the thread but I am curious as to your experience with these....I know they also make the Booner blinds which are even more panelized.
I'm not 100% sure....but I think this is the same blind that Menards sells?? They sure look similar. I have a couple of 4x4 blinds and have them on 8' high platforms and used the elevator brackets. These stands are "OK" and serve the purpose for the money spent. Can be loud if you are not careful. My BIL bought one of the 5 panel blinds........and he had too much snow load on the roof and it collapsed. He did re-build the roof with some wooden rafters and he claims it was "ok"........but he later replaced the blind with a Redneck. I think for MN.....the large unsupported roof may be problems. The roofs on the 4 footers has held up fine. I think we have had these for 5 years now.

Looked back at the OP. I'm not sure I would assemble up on an elevated platform. Maybe. But we took a 5/8"thick 4'x4' sheet of plywood and assembled and attached the blind to this base. It was then quite light and was easy to put on top of the assembled tower.......then fasten the "box" to the tower. I think we could have lifted the box by hand if need be.....but we used a tractor./loader.

I've used a four wheeler with winch and pulley system to lift 12' towers with maverick stands attached. I like the maverick stands only after I installed larger windows as the cheap, flimsy windows they come with are way to small to have uninterrupted viewing. I've cut in 42" vertical rope pull to open windows and smaller, in my mavericks. It has worked out well and I have made them very air tight, so much so that mr buddy heaters quit after a little while of running as the O level sensor shuts them down. These have been in use for 7 or 8 years now.

I've looked at the more recent maverick blinds and their windows are still less than desirable in my opinion. otherwise it isa good blind. I got mine when Menards clearances the hunting stuff in January around here.

The booner blinds also could work using this same pully method. They are alright considering their price, especially if one can get the menards clearance price and 11 percent rebate. Caulk and spray foam are a must for these blinds to make air tight. The windows area adequete but i've cut out the original windows in one of mine and installed the vertical sliders I make and it improves overall viewing ranges.

With out changing windows out there is not a great air tight seal on the factory windows. I have the 5 panel ones, the 4 panel are just too small for my enjoyment. I'm not a huge guy, I just like a little room to move in them without hitting the walls as I move and such.

The Booner could not be assembled onsite. Requires a flat surface and 2 people, somewhat a PIA to assemble.

The Maverick looks interesting. Weight wise it could be handled up and on the platform. Wish the larger 2 had horizontal versus vertical windows.

Vision Blinds (made in Kentucky) are the nicest blind I’ve sat it . Insulated and great window system .

You can put them together in the timber or a tucked away spot if necessary. My friend is a dealer in Minnesota.123981D1-0BA5-4D46-80CC-DB447023E91C.jpeg

Vision Blinds (made in Kentucky) are the nicest blind I’ve sat it . Insulated and great window system .

You can put them together in the timber or a tucked away spot if necessary. My friend is a dealer in Minnesota.View attachment 60407
^ Where is he located. I may have a look.

Last edited:
Glenwood, Minnesota.

PM me if you need his contact .

I'm thinking your looking for something like a 360 blind. I haven't done one but videos show assembly of the door and panels from inside. Setting the roof on for sure 2 people. I'm wanting to look at their 5' model called a Shanty. It's square.

The mavericks at least use to just have these cheap pop in clear thing an you opened the window cover.I threw them away and either you open the window or close the cover.The cheapest add on windows I have found were from academy sports

We had a few of these 4x6 SnapLock blinds and they did "ok" for a few seasons - especially consider the $842 price compared to RedNecks and others. And you can sometimes find them discounted. But make sure your platform is well gounded. We only buried our legs about 12", and these things catch more wind than you would expect. so all three of them eventually blew over and they are just not tough enough to survive that. If we had put an augar and strap under them, like we do the rednecks, they would probably have survived and still be in use today.
Also, if your platform and install is not flat, square and straight, they will not be very critter proof. And the plexi windows will yellow and become brittle with age, but I think you can buy replacement windows. Anyway, another option to consider.

4x6-trees-square.jpg

We had a few of these 4x6 SnapLock blinds and they did "ok" for a few seasons - especially consider the $842 price compared to RedNecks and others. And you can sometimes find them discounted. But make sure your platform is well gounded. We only buried our legs about 12", and these things catch more wind than you would expect. so all three of them eventually blew over and they are just not tough enough to survive that. If we had put an augar and strap under them, like we do the rednecks, they would probably have survived and still be in use today.
Also, if your platform and install is not flat, square and straight, they will not be very critter proof. And the plexi windows will yellow and become brittle with age, but I think you can buy replacement windows. Anyway, another option to consider.

4x6-trees-square.jpg
That is the issue I have with the "Menards" Blinds I have.....Critters. They seem to be mouse magnets as compared to the Rednecks we have (with zero issues). I suppose I could / should caulk more seams and put some additional fasteners on to keep the doors tight.....and seal the windows. But I get along with what we got. I never had any problems with any blowing over....maybe because they are only 4x4'.

That is the issue I have with the "Menards" Blinds I have.....Critters. They seem to be mouse magnets as compared to the Rednecks we have (with zero issues). I suppose I could / should caulk more seams and put some additional fasteners on to keep the doors tight.....and seal the windows. But I get along with what we got. I never had any problems with any blowing over....maybe because they are only 4x4'.

I have 2 of the 6x6 Booner style for about 10 year now and they have held up well to high winds. Vertical bow windows are not the best at staying completely closed and can bow inward. I used spray foam for all the wall & roof seams and that helped tighten things up. Have not had any critter problems.

I have several areas i want to put up elevated deer blinds; however, not possible to get a tractor or vehicle in to put a blind on top of a stand base. The base will be 8'-12' depending on the location. I can certainly build wall panels and a roof my self, but I am looking for companies that sell pre-made panels and a roof that I could haul out to the stand and then erect onsite. Weight is always a factor and getting a good weather proofed exterior wall covering also important.

The other important factor is assembling the panels and roof. I have looked at several models and you have to be able to be on the outside as well as in to assemble, which is a 2 man job. Looking for something that has all the wall & roof attachments inside.

Probably 4x6 or 5x5 size range.

Anyone know of companies that provide pre-made deer blind panels and roof for something like this?
Check out maverick xl. Comes in two panels and you can easily carry it by hand. Also has a kit for building your own base. I’m gonna try one this offseason.

This is interesting. Pricey but looks well built. Would be something that panels could be hauled up to platform and assembled on top of platform.

This is interesting. Pricey but looks well built. Would be something that panels could be hauled up to platform and assembled on top of platform.
Read thru the brochure.....from the post you made above. Appears to check most of the boxes.....and some good thoughts have gone into this product. I've always liked sandwich panel products.....that are well designed. (I worked on Sandwich Panel construction with aluminum skin back in the 70's with the RV industry...that's 50 years ago. Used both pinch rolls and vacuum presses to assemble with adhesives. Yikes, I'm old...lol.) Not sure if the panel edges are well protected......and that would be my main concern as some panel products can be hard to handle in the field without damage in crucial areas. Maybe they got that figured out too. I'd like to see one.