building an 8x8x16 deer blind

8’ for the ceiling above your head or 8’ for the floor?
8' to the floor of the blind.

ah, ok. I thought maybe I was overlooking a joke somewhere. After wrestling the post hole digger by myself for 4 holes, I was in no condition to mix concrete by hand. And the mixer makes it so easy to get it mixed evenly.

I inherited that a few months ago from my grandfather. He had left it outside for decades, so the engine was trashed. When I opened the oil fill, there was corosion inside the block. Nothing else important was damaged from decades outside. I intend to store it outside, and I don't want to fight with the engine. So I cut the engine bracket off and welded a receiver hitch tube on it. Then I welded the engine bracket on a piece of box tubing. The engine installs in 5 seconds like a trailer hitch. The mixer can be left in the woods, and engine can live in the garage at home.

View attachment 43374
View attachment 43375

Something I hadn't thought of until yesterday, since I put a receiver hitch on the front and back of my atv, the engine has its own place for the ride in.

View attachment 43376
This is brilliant!

I started the next phase on the deer blind.

IMG_2280.JPG

4k (8mp) security cameras arrive next week. It will be a while before its all hooked up, but eventually I'll be able to watch everything live on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_2281.JPG
    IMG_2281.JPG
    522 KB · Views: 14
I got far enough to briefly power it up this afternoon for some testing.
IMG_2289.JPG
IMG_2293.JPG

Can you post some pictures of the toilet, shower, and hot tub in there? 😄

I can get you a picture of the toilet next time I'm out there. Its a delux portable model. It looks very much like a toilet seat on a 5 gallon bucket, but don't let that fool you, its very classy!
There is no shower (no waterfall in the creek).
Here's a photo of the hot tub. There is a spring under those burning cat tails.
IMG_1387.jpg