Weather This Week....

gwm

5 year old buck +
Is going to be damn cold!! Windchills will push temps well below zero. It looks like it will be -20 to -45 depending on the day.

Take care of your pets and animals if they're outside.

Yep just when the holidays are over and I finally have time to sneak up to the property again ole man winter comes blowing in. I know, it's January. Soon the snow will begin to stack up.

Our winter starts tonight. We have had lots of snow but every time it has been followed by a warm up. Not this time. It looks like we are in line for feet of snow in the next two weeks and single digit temps. At least it is 55 today, one last hora until March.

Our winter starts tonight. We have had lots of snow but every time it has been followed by a warm up. Not this time. It looks like we are in line for feet of snow in the next two weeks and single digit temps. At least it is 55 today, one last hora until March.

was that 55 above or below zero?

Just kidding. We will send some real weather your way.

Above! We started yesterday at 19. Snow started around noon, nasty freezing rain from 3-7pm, 47 when I woke up today. 50 right now going to 55. Cold front comes through tonight back to 15 by morning. Calling for snow all week bottoming out at -5 on Wednesday. 60 degree swing in 3 days!

Just got thru a cold spell here. I washed the salt off our bikes from the trip down here today. Kinda nippy in the evenings so I slip on a light jacket when we go for a walk. Just went cruising in my golf cart to cool off....in my shirt sleeves. It's the mid 60s or so. Sun feels good. I ain't missing MN weather....not even one little bit! :cool::) it's gonna warm up this week. 70s and 80's are on the way!

Retirement and AZ go hand in hand.

Heading to phx for a softball tourney this weekend. Coyote hockey game saturday nite.
You do seem to get around NF. I think the Coyotes play over near the Dome. I'm about ten mins west of there.....over in Goodyear.

I think the softball tourney is in goodyear. 3 replica fields together with adult beverage stand?
Lots of ball fields here. Not sure if I know the ones you at. If you get an addy.....shoot me a PM with it And times you play....and I may drop in and watch an inning or three......or check out the beverage stand. :D

Winter has been a non event in central wisconsin so far. Deer are still fatting up on 45 acres of my standing corn the farmer could not get off.
Saw about 180 acres get picked over the weekend along Interstate 90 while traveling back and forth to Juneau Co.

My gf nieces are playing in a tourney. Maybe meet for a beer during the packer game sunday?
packers?.....Packers?.......hmmm......Packers??? OH Yeah! Girls Volleyball team....Right? ;)

let's play it by ear.....but if your in the area it would be fun to have a beer and meet you.

O'Hare is all backed up from the cold. You would think Chicago should be able to handle -4.

My flight to Rochester NY was canceled so now I get the joy of spending 5 hours at the airport.

O'Hare is all backed up from the cold. You would think Chicago should be able to handle -4.

My flight to Rochester NY was canceled so now I get the joy of spending 5 hours at the airport.
They have problems with de-icing when it gets this cold here. The problem in this case likely being the 2" of snow yesterday blowing across the runaways and freezing. Their chemicals don't do much when it's below zero. And when your as busy as O'Hare the delays start to stack up very quickly when they can't remedy the problem. You think it's bad now, wait until the wind and 6" of snow hits tonight followed by sub zero again.

It seems like every time I fly through O'Hare I have issues. I rather connect through Minneapolis... maybe I just prefer Delta to American....my only two options flying from LaCrosse.

It seems like every time I fly through O'Hare I have issues. I rather connect through Minneapolis... maybe I just prefer Delta to American....my only two options flying from LaCrosse.
Yup and both of them hammer you for a premium when flying out of there as well, no matter where you are connecting.:mad: Sometimes it is cheaper to have someone drop you off in MPLS and fly out of there, other times not. With fuel costs on the decline, it may be cheaper to drive to MPLS and catch a flight directly out of there? I've never had to pay for parking up there though, I always just have someone drop me off and pick me up when I return, maybe that makes it a wash? In that case, I'd rather fly out of LaCrosse and save the 2-1/2 hour drive to the Cities and dealing with the PIA traffic.

Being that O'Hare is literally 5 minutes from my house and work I guess I've been conditioned to tolerate it. Much like how locking doors and always watching my back has become natural to me. Wait WTF, I need to get the hell out of Chicago aka Chiraq.

my general area is forecast to get 4 to 6" of snow by morning and low temps will be single digits with winds pushing it below zero. We are supposed to get some snow coming our way from Iowa - thanks Iowa, just what I wanted :rolleyes:

I HATE the cold.

Cold -check at least it's cold for us), snow - no so much! We basically got enough to cover the roads and that was about it - didn't even delay school this morning.

Funny how around here you mention snow and people freak out - gotta run to the store for "essentials" like we are going to be trapped for days. I think the local grocery stores ask the weatherman to forecast snow once in a while just to keep inventory moving!!!

They are forecasting a high of 6 a low of -6 and winds of 10 to 15 mph on wednesday - can I call in to work because I froze my ass off?

A couple inches here overnight. Easy shoveling snow.

If weatherman is right, we'll have a "realfeel" temp of -42° tomorrow morning when I take the kids to school. That's assuming they have school.

If weatherman is right, we'll have a "realfeel" temp of -42° tomorrow morning when I take the kids to school. That's assuming they have school.

No, no, no, and HELL NO!!!!! How can you even function under conditins like that????

^ Gonna be thinking about you guys up in MN tonight as we grill some food, turn on the water feature, light a little fire at the fire pit.....and sip a cold bevy on my new patio. :D (stay warm) ;)

Hopefully those new palm trees will turn a bit more green with the warmer weather. ;) I got my shorts on and its somewhere around the mid 70s.

patio.JPG