New House Build

I’ve built many a house all the way to flooring with a generator! It sucks but it absolutely can be done
Yea I know it can be. Been there done that many times. Have 2 generators setting in my shop that we could use. My lead framer says that he has a larger compressor that he prefers to run his tools off of. I am bowing to his wishes at this time. I cant afford to tick him off at this point. I will start leaning on him a bit harder if the power company doesn't show this week.

Yea I know it can be. Been there done that many times. Have 2 generators setting in my shop that we could use. My lead framer says that he has a larger compressor that he prefers to run his tools off of. I am bowing to his wishes at this time. I cant afford to tick him off at this point. I will start leaning on him a bit harder if the power company doesn't show this week.
Hard to believe a contractor in 2024 needs to have power on site to build. I rarely see a compressor on a jobsite anymore. The guns are either battery or gas powered, and most everything else is run on batteries. Most guys still run a cord to a miter or table saw but a generator can handle that. If they are dead set on using air, you'd think they'd own a gas-powered compressor for this situation, or at least rent one. Are you sure he's not just busy on another project and using this as an excuse?

I’ve got to say, never seen a house built without a generator on site. I used to work for a power utility. Everybody’s happy the day the generators get shut off. Some right up until the finishes. I know of lot are going to battery tools now. Just had a roof put on and it was all battery guns.

Hard to believe a contractor in 2024 needs to have power on site to build. I rarely see a compressor on a jobsite anymore. The guns are either battery or gas powered, and most everything else is run on batteries. Most guys still run a cord to a miter or table saw but a generator can handle that. If they are dead set on using air, you'd think they'd own a gas-powered compressor for this situation, or at least rent one. Are you sure he's not just busy on another project and using this as an excuse?
He doesn't have to, just prefers that. He was ready to move his equipment to our build and then I told him the power company still had not been here yet. I dont fault him for that, if I had a choice I would choose to run without a generator as well. I just need to start the framing portion at some point! He is up there in the years and he said our place is the last one of this size he is hiring on to do. I am sure he has some battery powered tools, who doesn't in this day and age. However, I can see in not completely investing in all new equipment just prior to hanging up the tool belt.

I don’t see your wires

I don’t see your wires
They just finished setting the poles today. Electrician will come out as soon as the weather permits ( forecast is rain for 3 days). He will put in a temporary construction panel on a post. Electrical company will come back to hook up the meter and panel. Eventually it will be underground from this pole to the house, about 100'.

Looks like you’ll be moving ahead with framing shortly