New House Build

Love it!

I will give this concrete crew props for getting work done. They stripped the forms and damp proof sealed the foundation today and installed the exterior drain tile.

poured basement walls with waterproofing.jpg

Lookin GREAT!

Ahem… I don’t want to be pushy or anything, but… When you start a thread like this you commit yourself to updating it from time to time…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there hasn't been much exciting progress as of late. Needed the plumber to come do the rough in for under the basement floor. I backfilled the majority of the basement minus the egress window areas. Hoping they pour the floor this coming week. Floor trusses should be completed and possibly delivered to the build site this coming week as well. Didnt want to bore you guys with every little detail! LOL

rough plumbing below basement floor.jpg

Yep, bore us! I likethe little details, reminds me of our build.

Building threads are just cool, nice to follow along with the progress.

When we built a new home in New Ulm back about 2000......the area was well known to have issues with radon accumulation. I did some research and learned of a new product that Certanteed had just put on the market....namely a water and radon mitigation foundation system in one.......and the best feature was that it replaced the batter boards normally used on the inside and outside of your foundation. It was all set up with crossover pipes and the means to tile water and radon gas out of your home.

Many of the local masons scoffed at the idea at first....but soon they were all investigating what I had done......and soon after many of the homes in town were employing this very system.

I remember having to read and stand over almost every move the mason made as he was not into reading instructions and it had to be done correctly. He became a big believer and thanked me for insisting on the good install.

Later we did a radon test......and it was high. All I had to do was insert a radon pump in the previously installed sump and in no time we were radon free at a low cost. Selling the house was a breeze due to the radon mitigation that was costing others bigly. Kinda fun to win on one of those issues. ......not to mention the feeling of better health for our family.

Nothing too exciting but since I dont want anybody to complain that I am not over posting... LOL They should pour the floors tomorrow I believe, everything is ready for them to.

garage floor ready to pour revised.jpg
Basement ready to pour revised.jpg

Crazy to me how fast concrete cures. I will give this concrete company credit. They are fast at what they do and the quality of work seems to be way above average (ask me again in 10 years once I see how much cracking occurs). They were here this morning at Sunrise and when I got home at Sunset they were obviously gone for the day, but I was surprised to see that they only have the basement floor left to saw.

guys pouring basement.jpg

basement floor poured facing west rev.jpg

garage floor poured rev.jpg

Your concrete crews are paler than mine! Probably why it’s good….

Kidding

The roofing crews tend to be pretty well "tanned". The 1st day the concrete guys were here prior to laying out the footings I talked with the foreman, he has been with this same company since they started over 20 years ago.... that usually says a lot about a company.

The guy running the pumper looks like Buffalo Bill . LOL. I can see why they get things done, they actually have a crew. When I’ve gotten concrete done there’s 2 maybe 3 guys at most.

Our concrete crew was a swarm of activity with plenty of guys. The lead spoke English, he yelled in Spanish. They were great, hard working, got a lot done, and never stopped moving. Top shelf crew!

Our concrete crew was a swarm of activity with plenty of guys. The lead spoke English, he yelled in Spanish. They were great, hard working, got a lot done, and never stopped moving. Top shelf crew!
My experience with our freinds from south of the border is......that they know concrete. Seems concrete, stucco, excavating and yard maintenance are in their genes. Really hard working crews here in OZ.

Floor trusses arrived. Still waiting on the damn power company to set the pole. Probably just say piss on them and start working with a generator for power for a while.

floor trusses on semi revised.jpg

Well now the roof trusses are on hand. STILL waiting on the damn power company, getting really fed up at this point. Called my contact there last Friday and she said the crews had been on repair calls all last week, MAYBE this week, but not guaranteeing it. Insert middle finger here. I would have never thought in a million years that waiting for the power company to set 2 poles and string some line would be an issue.

roof trusses.jpg

Really cool stuff. Takes me back to when we did our place. I have a cool picture of my 2 boys being 3 and 5 looking out a freshly framed window...

Its stressful, but enjoy it.

They did a lot of work with a generator on our place. Do what you can when you can.

I’ve built many a house all the way to flooring with a generator! It sucks but it absolutely can be done