SC Kansas

Found a turkey nest today surprised it was out in the switch instead of around the brushy stuff such as sandhill plum or sumac

Attachments

• turkey nest.JPG
    turkey nest.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 23
Lookin good buckdeer!
We found a nest while mushroom hunt. Had 8 eggs in it. Have you guys found any mushrooms on your place?

We found 1 the other day,it has been really dry here

Here are the willow cuttings and ROD cuttings I stuck in ground awhile back,they all aren't leaved out like this but they are alive.

Attachments

• willow.JPG
    willow.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 33
  • red osier dogwood1.JPG
    red osier dogwood1.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 31
Bucks are growing but hate to fight ticks to do anything.I got my Real World beans and oats today so will do some planting when it dries up.I like to plant full season beans for food plots when we plant our double crop beans so they are green longer

Hard to believe that some of the trees I planted are this big.All the trees in the field are ones I planted.Now a couple were burlap balled trees that I bought from a landscape nursery for 50.00 that were about 6ft tall when I planted them.Always a good thing to make friends with a nursery that sells these food varieties as alot of them just pile up and burn if not landscape quality

Asking everyone to check out Lesters Feet foundation,I was started by the guys that run Chasing Giants and Real World wildlife products.They are having another huge raffle,drawing on July 4th.All money goes to help the families of sick children

Heres my wildflower planting This is the second year for these. I got these from American Meadows and they were more expensive but as you can see they grow good.I planted a half acre to the south of these and I can't find anything that came up but those seeds were from a different company

Attachments

• wildflowers.JPG
    wildflowers.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 32
Found my target buck in 6 years and check out the ticks

Attachments

• fawn.jpg
    fawn.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 34
  • ticks.jpg
    ticks.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 37
Geez that is terrible! We have ticks bad in the spring here in NY but by this time of year (depending on the weather) I can walk through the tall grass all day and only get one or 2. Winter is cold but spring brings out the black flies, horse flies, deer flies, mosquito's and ticks. I prefer winter lol

Literly I am famous for all the ticks I get.It does suck as I have had rockey mountain spotted fever and lyme.lucky no lasting side effects.I I could make a remote control duster or a guy may even be able to put up cattle dusters.Don't know if they would brush up against them

I have showed this plot before but the sandhill plums are really growing this year.This is one of 8 plots

Attachments

• eastplums.jpg
    eastplums.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 23
I have showed this plot before but the sandhill plums are really growing this year.This is one of 8 plots heres another but this is cedars with fragrant sumac.Another shrub that deer will rub on but not really hurt and makes great quail food

Attachments

• cedars and sumac.jpg
    cedars and sumac.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 24
Well time to start over due to stupid mistake,it looks like that when I sprayed my Real world enlist beans this weekend I should have paid more attention.Looks like that the 3/4 of tank of water in sprayer was already mixed so when I filled up and added enlist chemical it increased to high and wiped out my beans.I usually use interline and it works great.Don't feel so bad as on podcast heard Wade on Drury outdoors mixed up chemicals and wiped out 23 acres.I only wiped out a couple.Oh well I have a bunch of ag beans from my SIL that are free and he planted 80 acres of beans on my place anyway.A couple velvet pics

Attachments

• NT.jpg
    NT.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 29
  • big9-4.jpg
    big9-4.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 27
Well time to start over due to stupid mistake,it looks like that when I sprayed my Real world enlist beans this weekend I should have paid more attention.Looks like that the 3/4 of tank of water in sprayer was already mixed so when I filled up and added enlist chemical it increased to high and wiped out my beans.I usually use interline and it works great.Don't feel so bad as on podcast heard Wade on Drury outdoors mixed up chemicals and wiped out 23 acres.I only wiped out a couple.Oh well I have a bunch of ag beans from my SIL that are free and he planted 80 acres of beans on my place anyway.A couple velvet pics
Dang man, are you in the south? Your bucks seem alot further along.