Live from the stand thread

^ reckon only the ones that could suck the crome off a bumper eh..

Anywhoo..

Ended up on the ground a couple rows in the corn due to a slight wind variance than called for.

Between an apple tree and some of the only water left on the property.

Gunna be threading the needle wind wise.
20241003_172153.jpg

It’s another toasty day as our drought continues. However, when my wife said, “are you going hunting” I took that as a sign I needed to be out. 84 degrees (and who knows how much hotter in this black hard-sided blind). The buck in the picture has shown up at this location a couple of time in the last minute of shooting light, so maybe…just maybe he will come by tonight. The ENE wind is right for this blind. I parked the UTV downwind along the cedar line so the setup should work if the deer cooperates.
image.jpg
IMG_0900.jpeg

Hunting at night again. Camera picks up nothing.

How do you hunt at night? Occasionally shine a spotlight? Thermal scope?

I really shouldn't ask, but do you find a lot of women hanging out behind your... hitch?

For some reason, I do find a lot of women sitting on the back of my care when I come out of the grocery store. And the chrome is long gone.

But in all honesty, it's a standard hitch. We only have one type here, which is convenient. On a BMW they have to attach it underneath, but the hitch on my little car is rated for a metric ton. I got a rear wheel drive diesel 4 cylinder 5 door. I've had a small female red deer inside on a tarp by laying the back seats down.

Deer are on their feet early. Had 2 smoothies come past a water hole at 5:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be very weird to be on your own property and strangers just hiking by.et
It gets even more weird when they either ignore you, or they tell you how they shot, wounded, and left two deer, and then drive a 1/4 mile to shoot another, and they are the children of a judge.

Opening day in PA. I've seen 9 so far and had a decent 8 under 20 but he came in behind me and stood right in the open for a perfect shot but I didn't want to spook him so I wasn't able to pick up my longbow. It's a long season and he's a regular. Sitting in a ladder on the edge of a grapevine thicket listening to acorns fall.IMG_20241005_091629578.jpg

Cheatin...... backtard goodplot inside trsiler.

My bird brain was looking fir the ground blind. Blew apartbin the eibd last year and threw it out.

Does Smoke from a wood fired pool heater count as a cover scent?