Live from the stand thread

Them bigger whitetail bucks I feel sense my pressure…… strongly feel the more you hunt an area…..the less the chance of a bruiser until the rut makes them reconsider their risk management..

Absolutely. It's why I won't hunt early unless I have one in a known pattern. Unfortunately that doesn't happen very often.

It’s a bea$t to fill too!

What kind is it? I like to keep one behind the house so we can see deer with the kids. I have to fill ours all the time. That looks like it would last a while…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind is it? I like to keep one behind the house so we can see deer with the kids. I have to fill ours all the time. That looks like it would last a while…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s basically this minus that solar component

I’ve got one in a consistent pattern. But hes safe at the feeder. Hope to catch him sometime in October cruising
View attachment 68839
By consistent, what do you mean? Daily, every couple of days, ? Looks like you could hunt the closest bedding cover to take advantage of the feeder without actually hunting at the feeder.

I’ve had them patterned where the bucks still in the summer feeding pattern where coming in at 4:30 nearly every day during the youth season makes it pretty easy to get one killed when their that predicable. Doesn’t happen every year but we do get them doing that some years for that early season.

By consistent, what do you mean? Daily, every couple of days, ? Looks like you could hunt the closest bedding cover to take advantage of the feeder without actually hunting at the feeder.
Every day. I’ve got a spot specifically for him set up. He was like this last year too.
IMG_5588.jpeg

Not live yet, we have to wait until Saturday, but I'm planning an experiment for this year. There is so much human activity around my place with neighbors walking around and such that I'm washing my camo in regular detergent. I figure I probably smell more out of place with earth scent or acorns. Going to give it a shot anyway. I'll let everyone know the results.