Footage from the stand

Hoytvectrix

5 year old buck +
Talked about doing this in the Live from the stand thread. This will be a place for people to post video clips from their hunts.

To get things started, here are a few clips from my first couple of hunts on the new farm in Northern Missouri:

I have had a few encounters with the bigger of the two bucks now. I think both bucks have core areas that sit right in the middle of our farm. Hoping to get a better look at him during the firearm season next weekend.

Talked about doing this in the Live from the stand thread. This will be a place for people to post video clips from their hunts.

To get things started, here are a few clips from my first couple of hunts on the new farm in Northern Missouri:

I have had a few encounters with the bigger of the two bucks now. I think both bucks have core areas that sit right in the middle of our farm. Hoping to get a better look at him during the firearm season next weekend.
What camera are you using? I am toying with getting some type of video system, primarily to help with shot placement/recovery during bow season.

20 degrees, 16 mph wind….A beautiful crisp morning. A buck wind-busted us, but we were able to connect with the doe he was after. This is my granddaughter’s first deer (age 6) on her 12th sit of the season. She is quite the trooper and her persistence is a good reminder for all of us that deer hunting is filled with lots of lows and amazing highs!

IMG_4058.jpeg
IMG_4062.jpeg

What camera are you using? I am toying with getting some type of video system, primarily to help with shot placement/recovery during bow season.

I bought it used with a bunch of accessories about 4 years ago and paid less than this. I started using a smart phone to record hunts several years ago and realized watching the footage of the hunt was one of my favorite things about hunting. My memory is never as good as I think it is and this is a great way to preserve and relive memories. I have gone through several cameras over the years but have settled on using a camcorder with a remote as the best set up. Pretty much identical to what most of the youtubers use (although mine is lower end across the board). I will try and do a separate post that shows my setup at some point.

Filming the hunts has definitely cost me a few deer, but it is a great way to share my encounters with family and friends and preserve some of the lessons learned in the process.

I just finished a video of my hunts during the MO firearm season. Spoilers: it is pretty uneventful, but there is some cool rutting action throughout. The best encounter takes place around the 11:40 mark in the video. These are all hunts at the new farm. We had many more predictable and mature bucks during daylight at the home farm, but I was really wanting to make it happen at the new one. I'm likely going to hunt a few more weekends during late archery.

Not exactly footage from the stand, but from the trip to the farm for a morning hunt.

Unfortunately, this buck was killed from a vehicle at nearly this exact spot a few hours later. My brother had him feeding on acorns in his lawn a few times this fall:
1701051132544.png
1701051157622.png
1701051177035.png

Here is some footage "after the stand."