Live from the stand thread

Full disclosure, his brother officially owns the land. He couldn't get a hold of him . We've been down this road before, without his brothers say the authorities won't do anything.
Around here most cops won't bother with trespassing and we only have 1 warden for this area and he won't bother with it either. Trespassers are a way of life here, we learn to deal with them on our own while trying not to escalate the situation. 4 years ago.inhad a guy shoot a buck right in front of me and the warden still wouldn't show. These guys think that because they had permission 20 years ago that they still do.
Same in PA. I have the State Police on speed dial now though. Tired of it.

Made it out last night. Little October cold front moved some small buck in hoping a big boy moves in to establish his territory. Dad and I both got skunked again. Beautiful night though. I positioned between my main plot there in the distance and the destination fields of the neighbor. I've been hoping that the other neighboring farm turning their corn field into a race track with their kid's new ATV's would push them my way more but no luck so far.

Stand.jpg

Second weekend in PA- The coldfront had the bucks in the fields before dark

I saw all 3 of my shooters this weekend - 2 being too far for a shot and 1 at night

Will be back on the clover plot next weekend

IMG_5571.png

IMG_5549.jpeg

I saw all 3 of my shooters this weekend - 2 being too far for a shot and 1 at night

View attachment 58306

View attachment 58305
Beautiful view!!

View attachment 58306

View attachment 58305
Love old stone pile around fields. Is that a parking lot off to your left?

6 point eating bean waste and 2 more antlerless crossing field.

IMG_3521.jpeg

Edit - right at dark, several more eating beans but nothing interesting.

Last edited:
We need some colder weather to get the big ones moving and the forecast says it’s coming soon.
Illinois had a youth season last Sat-Mon. My 11 yr old had a tag but we were unable to hunt due to work. The cold front coincided with it just perfectly. We checked a few cams yesterday and both of the 5.5 yr old bucks and the 7.5 yr old buck we know all were in range in daylight multiple days. He was bummed to learn that, but I just told him that had we been in the blind then perhaps the bucks wouldn't have been there. They were definitely on their feet in the cooler weather.

Illinois had a youth season last Sat-Mon. My 11 yr old had a tag but we were unable to hunt due to work. The cold front coincided with it just perfectly. We checked a few cams yesterday and both of the 5.5 yr old bucks and the 7.5 yr old buck we know all were in range in daylight multiple days. He was bummed to learn that, but I just told him that had we been in the blind then perhaps the bucks wouldn't have been there. They were definitely on their feet in the cooler weather.
Sounds like the action is heating up for you guys. Good luck to you and your son.

Moderate NNW wind this am. Hunting near a bedding area on SE slope. Had a 3yo 10 pt come by.
7aa6b33c2a02e13156889670315bfcf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning on my first sit this afternoon. No shooters on camera in the area I plan to hunt but it has been rainy and windy the past 2 days and is susto break midday. Should have them on their feet early.

Rain and 25mph sustained gusts to 35 today. No hunty for me.

Rain and 25mph sustained gusts to 35 today. No hunty for me.

If I didn’t have kid games to watch, I’d sneak into a bottom somewhere normally the wind is too swirly to hunt. This is one of those days I can get away with it.