The Land of Milk and Honey

And you're still in the slow growth stages. Wait til it gets rooted in. You'll be able to see it grow. Good job! What pop did you drop?

That’s the weird thing…. I set the planter for 32,000. I’m still trying to figure out exactly what happened, but my seed spacing averages right around 5”. Looking at the planter chart puts me well over 40,000. . I keep going down there to look at it, so while I do I have been thinning all the doubles for fun. It’s thick…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am waiting a couple more weeks for sure to plant beans.My SIl just started today planting ag beans and I want my to be younger than the surrounding ag.

Wife wanted family photos. The photographer came out this morning and wanted to take pics of my boy on my corn planter. I’ve never been so proud…

Had a nice rain barreling toward us which of course fizzled, but it didn’t stop me from spreading my buckwheat on my OG food plot. Had some good help on the cultipacker. Dad is really bought in this year and it makes it all so much more enjoyable.
cd7679f8013020f9fbfe0e87a1c27711.jpeg

8ac34411e1ffc438900851b69aa2c601.jpg

Any sign of the "ONE" yet?I would like to find a cultipacker just not many around here

Any sign of the "ONE" yet?I would like to find a cultipacker just not many around here

Not yet. None of my bigger ones have showed, but that’s not uncommon given our lack of bedding. Plus the drought interrupted my plots last year so I lack food at the moment.

Keep an eye out everywhere you go. I bought some apple trees at a nursery in Topeka 6-7 years ago. When I drove back to load them there were 2 cultipacker sitting behind an old building. I asked if they would sell one. He told me to make an offer and $150 later it was in my truck too!

Last night we had the rains come finally. I got 2-1/2” of rain and dad got 3-3/4”. We are only a half mile apart. The ponds are full for the first time in several years.
e071549b52bf25c777a206b45400afa2.jpg

That's a beautiful site. Happy you got the rains.

Not yet. None of my bigger ones have showed, but that’s not uncommon given our lack of bedding. Plus the drought interrupted my plots last year so I lack food at the moment.

Keep an eye out everywhere you go. I bought some apple trees at a nursery in Topeka 6-7 years ago. When I drove back to load them there were 2 cultipacker sitting behind an old building. I asked if they would sell one. He told me to make an offer and $150 later it was in my truck too!

Several years ago.....I put a WTB add on Craigs List for a cultipacker. Farmer called me up.....negotiated over the phone and I drove about 50 miles to pick it up. Never know how you will find stuff. I see 'em on FB Marketplace quite often.

I haven’t been home in a week and I have to go back to Kansas City in the morning, but dad was excited for me to check out the corn. It is looking GOOD! My NWSG buffer is looking like a bust. I am super disappointed in whatever I did wrong… My buckwheat washed really bad on one half of my OG plot, but I may sprinkle some oats or something right before a rain to try and get some cover on it. But that corn is looking GOOD!
0472fe23fd42c1e6b2019a9e49b79057.jpg