The Land of Milk and Honey

Nice cool weekend and got all of the lumber up on the new lean to. Hope to work on some trims this weekend and get it skinned soon.
5051152e51aaa46d9338b46a964f1acd.jpg

3b2fff23ef1303384a51e5493d2007a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wall steel primarily done. Gonna take Saturday morning and button up some trims. Then it’s roof steel time. Supposed to be breezy for a few days, so maybe next week. Progress.
d9fbf45b398854d73d7920d53ee7ce2e.jpg

I thought I would be cool and go spread some cover crop seed into the standing corn before last night's rain. The hope was it will germinate and grow some so when I go knock some of the corn down it will be there already. Never again... 😂 Those leaves tore me UP! Long sleeves and gloves were great. My face and neck look like I fought a cat! Haha! Probably won't even grow anyway. Its tough walking the row with a bag spreader and its all 4' over your head. Didn't help that I had to wait until we got the kids to bed, so most of it was in the dark. Never never again...

Will be interesting to see what you get. Your spot looks more interesting than mine. Here's where I put my 10 lbs of RC Big Rock in Feb.

View attachment 62830

Hey, Mort. How is that switch coming along?

Hey, Mort. How is that switch coming along?

Post 44 gives an update. I want to hoof it over to it, but stand nothing to gain. The truth will come out soon enough, lol. How about yours?

Post 44 gives an update. I want to hoof it over to it, but stand nothing to gain. The truth will come out soon enough, lol. How about yours?

Oh, dang! Mine is not so good… Attempt #2 coming to you live next spring…

I found in my switch that keeping it mowed at 12 inches or so the first year was all I needed then I let it go except to burn or mow firebreak around inside by timber

Building looks great,really like the foundation

Got a new tree stand hung today. I wanted something along the West edge of my corn for East winds. We seem to get more of those lately. It’s not the easiest tree to climb, but there weren’t many options along that side. View is great once you get up there. I plan to strategically mow my corn to encourage a close shot. When I do that I will send up the drone and lay it all out for you guys. First view is looking almost straight South. Second is pretty much East. Nice lanes. I did clear the lone stick in the top pic. I could see that being a problem in low light.
5b29984644f37006194ac284b16098b2.jpg

425a315e675f8ab4c46bd25838c6ca62.jpg

Picked this up today. The guy and his dad own a welding/fabrication shop. He said he thought it needed more weight, but otherwise worked great. For $360 I think I can do something with it. He bent the tongue when they were moving it to the auction. I should be able to straighten it. Excited to see what I can accomplish with it!
f4002a44ba778b30a87689f3bcc366fa.jpg

Nice find!

I thought I would be cool and go spread some cover crop seed into the standing corn before last night's rain. The hope was it will germinate and grow some so when I go knock some of the corn down it will be there already. Never again... 😂 Those leaves tore me UP! Long sleeves and gloves were great. My face and neck look like I fought a cat! Haha! Probably won't even grow anyway. Its tough walking the row with a bag spreader and its all 4' over your head. Didn't help that I had to wait until we got the kids to bed, so most of it was in the dark. Never never again...
The leaf blower seeder would shine in that kind of application.

Nice find!
I placed a $400 max bid online and honestly forgot about it until I got the email that I had won. 😂

The leaf blower seeder would shine in that kind of application.
Me and the leaf blower seeder aren't getting along. I'm thinking I have discovered a blower tube that is too small? The seed is blowing out sideways through the gate rather than out through the end of the blower tube. My thought is that the "cup" that protrudes down into the tube is restricting too much airflow due to the small diameter of the blower tube? Not sure. Frustrated me when I tried to do my brassicas into standing buckwheat a week or so prior.

Me and the leaf blower seeder aren't getting along. I'm thinking I have discovered a blower tube that is too small? The seed is blowing out sideways through the gate rather than out through the end of the blower tube. My thought is that the "cup" that protrudes down into the tube is restricting too much airflow due to the small diameter of the blower tube? Not sure. Frustrated me when I tried to do my brassicas into standing buckwheat a week or so prior.
Last I heard, you're blower tube needs to be 2 3/4" or 3".

Last I heard, you're blower tube needs to be 2 3/4" or 3".

Yeah, I didn’t (and still don’t) find that on the website. It for sure won’t work on the blower I posted before. Sound concept when setup right I am sure.

Picked this up today. The guy and his dad own a welding/fabrication shop. He said he thought it needed more weight, but otherwise worked great. For $360 I think I can do something with it. He bent the tongue when they were moving it to the auction. I should be able to straighten it. Excited to see what I can accomplish with it!
f4002a44ba778b30a87689f3bcc366fa.jpg

I am sure you can weld up a tray for the top of it that will hold a few cinder blocks. Those things add a lot of weight for little money and if they are just riding in a tray on top you can take them off when transporting it if you need to.

I am sure you can weld up a tray for the top of it that will hold a few cinder blocks. Those things add a lot of weight for little money and if they are just riding in a tray on top you can take them off when transporting it if you need to.

That’s the plan. Use some angle iron to make it. It has a fill plug for water, but I think I would rather put the weight on top. It is really heavy built except for the tongue it seems…

Nice find,in my light soil I don't even have to fill my yard roller as dry as it is

As promised here is the layout. The red X on the left is a Redneck blind. The X on the right is the new tree stand I hung a couple weeks ago. The blue arrows represent typical deer travel and entry points. I do not own the land beyond the cornfield. My hope is the deer will want to come around the edges rather than walk across the corn rows. The lanes I cut are each 25 yards from either stand/blind location. I left the bits of corn to aid in concealment when entering/exiting those locations. Our rifle season begins the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. I plan to mow the rest of the field the weekend before that to allow you to shoot the whole thing. There was a surprising amount of oats/brassicas/clover in between the rows from my earlier broadcasting. We'll see how well it survives the duff. I have 150# of rye to spread any time now and it should be able to work its way down to the soil. There is so much corn on the ground... Haha!The Plan.png

Last edited: