The Agony of Defeat!.....Maybe!

I don't think he will make it with that wound. Hope he comes by and lets me finish him off.

Wow! Great to get those pics of him still walking around. Wishing you another chance at him MO.

How high up were you? How far was the shot? Tough old bugger.
A pic of the exit hole would be really cool.

What kind of broad head?

How high up were you? How far was the shot? Tough old bugger.
A pic of the exit hole would be really cool.

17 feet up, 27 yards out. Shot was deflected up a little. But still looked good when it hit. Obviously it was not.

Rage really opens them up!:eek:

Apparently the rage claim to expand the kill zone has it's limitations.

Unreal! Could it have gone under the spine and over the top of the lungs? The infamous dead space myth?

I wonder if it didn't go under the spine and slide parallel to the inside of the rib cage on the far side and miss it. Imagine the connective tissue between the lung and the rib cage. I bet it slid right through there.

Two things. The spine is a lot lower there than you think and he will survive that wound with no issues at all.

(can you tell i'm home alone tonight?)

Here's my theory. I say theory, cause i'm not 100% positive on how the lungs hang in the chest cavity. Given that they hang freely with the connective tissue, is it possible they are not tight to the top of the rib cage. I have rendered the following expert sketch to illustrate my theory on the zombie buck. Could they have hung below the arrow path?
boil.PNG

The Arrow deflected off the top off the backbone maybe? Flattened out on Impact?

When the arrow hit the weed right before impact, the Broadhead made a slight upward angle I think. I don't know, when I shot, the hit still looked like a complete pass through.

If you look at the picture above, there is a tuff of hair in the middle of the back still intact. So there is a entrance and exit. Strange I did not spine him!

why that deer is a black night.

What I'm seeing is a nearly straight through shot. Forget the downward angle if deflected. In and out above the spine or he would have went down on impact if even for just a moment. It looks bad but I beleive that deer will survive.

Wow can't believe it! I don't even know what to say

My buddy saw this buck today at 10 yards. He said he is 90% healed over. But has lost 50 lbs. He let him walk, Said he gets a pass til next year!

What a guy!:)

Any buck that takes a 2 blade rage anywhere an lives to chase doe's is a bad SOB

My buddy saw this buck today at 10 yards. He said he is 90% healed over. But has lost 50 lbs. He let him walk, Said he gets a pass til next year!

What a guy!:)
IMO, he should have finished him off.

Mo I hit one pretty much straight down one time mid October. It was partially through the shoulder/ one lung. My cousin shot it end of November gun hunting. It's entire body was infected, and puss was coming out of the bullet hole when he shot it. The thing wasn't moving very good, for obvious reasons.
These animals might survive the initial trauma, but infection is a slow, you would think miserable death. That Deers body is under intense distress, if it looks sickly already, it's a dead deer.
I have a story of another bow buck wounded on my farm that was wounded around this time and died around Christmas. I give your deer another 2.5 weeks.

Mo I hit one pretty much straight down one time mid October. It was partially through the shoulder/ one lung. My cousin shot it end of November gun hunting. It's entire body was infected, and puss was coming out of the bullet hole when he shot it. The thing wasn't moving very good, for obvious reasons.
These animals might survive the initial trauma, but infection is a slow, you would think miserable death. That Deers body is under intense distress, if it looks sickly already, it's a dead deer.
I have a story of another bow buck wounded on my farm that was wounded around this time and died around Christmas. I give your deer another 2.5 weeks.

I give him 2.5 weeks max as well.

Rifle season starts in 10 days!

Last edited by a moderator: