The end of businesses in Minnesota

I don't like the government requiring private companies how to run their business and I don't like this program, but I don't think this will be a significant expense relative to other standard benefits offered by most companies (PTO, medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k match, etc.)
I don't disagree at all but for myself it would be pretty devastating being without any of my workers for 40% of the year. Can't find enough help the way it is and pretty sure I wouldn't be able to find any fill ins for 20 weeks either. What happens when the fill ins get to $3,500 and then they would qualify to take 20 weeks off? Hopefully this gets scrapped.

If this goes through I think I'll be forced out of business. But then I would have more time for habitat work. Optimistic ya know.

I don't disagree at all but for myself it would be pretty devastating being without any of my workers for 40% of the year. Can't find enough help the way it is and pretty sure I wouldn't be able to find any fill ins for 20 weeks either. What happens when the fill ins get to $3,500 and then they would qualify to take 20 weeks off? Hopefully this gets scrapped.
Our temporary disability never seems to be used unless there is some type of medical emergency that would likely have put the employee out of work anyway. I don't like this program at all, but I think the % of employees utilizing this program will be very low so it may not be a huge issue.

I don't see how adding a pay incentive to the already misused FMLA program is going to do anything other than increase misuse. To what degree is the question, and I'm nervous about the answer.

At least they are creating more government jobs(puke). Good ole walzy needs to go ASAP.
Yeah Walzy might go,,,right to the White House! Just saw him on a list of possible VP candidates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah Walzy might go,,,right to the White House! Just saw him on a list of possible VP candidates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That made me laugh 😆! He’s so bad, and they want him as VP ?? Good lord 👎👎

I have PM'd large construction projects with hundreds of trade employees in states that guarantee workers significantly more "sick days" or FMLA than most and had to plan or budget for it. What ive seen for the most part is the vast majority of employees don't take advantage of it. Those are just my observations, not an approval or dismissal of concerns with the new legislation.

I have PM'd large construction projects with hundreds of trade employees in states that guarantee workers significantly more "sick days" or FMLA than most and had to plan or budget for it. What ive seen for the most part is the vast majority of employees don't take advantage of it. Those are just my observations, not an approval or dismissal of concerns with the new legislation.
Don't a big percentage of those workers get laid off for weeks or even months at a time?

Don't a big percentage of those workers get laid off for weeks or even months at a time?
Yes. In recent years the majority of them have been travelling around the country and kept very busy though.

I think it depends on how it's structured. If it's use it or lose it then it's not very wise to lose it. If unused vacation time get's handed to the employee in the form of a check for unused days then it's a judgement call. All of the people not using their vacation time must be government workers. You just can't get those workaholics to take a break.

This is Minnesota. Other areas don't make any difference for a Minnesota mandate that's set to begin in 2026.