The Agony of Defeat!.....Maybe!

The plot thickens. Get him MO!

Shows what I know...I thought MO's firearm season started the same time as MN's

Nope, week later this year. Next year will be another week later as Missouri wants to take the rut away from the rifle.

What a concept...herd reduction beyond what is expected and MDC responds with (obvious) changes to protect the herd/breeding. Brilliant

Why didn't I buy land and move to MO? Stupid

I have land for sale in Missouri........and I take land in trade!;)

Healed over??
I have land for sale in Missouri........and I take land in trade!;)
heres your chance! If mn is so bad mos 80 for say 160 in Minnie? Or 200 for the 80?

Yup...if it was only "me" I'd be out of here...believe me

This area is no joke Stu! The Barracuda said WTF are you doing buying land in that state 5 years ago. Now she loves it, and would move there in a heartbeat. That is if I build here another new shack. So that is one of the reasons I like the 1980's shack we have down there!;)

Sad commentary on expandable blades. And yes Ive shot the Rage since they came out. But a fixed blade shot like that, and the deer easily survives. With that kind of gapping hole, even with a surgical cut, infection and suffering is probably in order regardless if he survives. They are tough, and indeed can survive easily a one lung shot, but this one? it will be interesting. I would've never let him walk seeing him with that wound.

My buddy says this 9 point deer is not for him, I am not forcing him to shoot him. Just happy He said the deer looked good, almost all the way healed over, just looked 50 lbs less than the video I took over a month ago. Maybe the deer was not as heavy as the video made him look? Maybe he is sick and is not showing it? We can guess all we want, but this deer was nice then! I have not got to see him in person since. The deal is, he was a deer worth shooting over a month ago for me, he will get an arrow or a bullet from me this year if the shot presents itself again, It has not yet! I just hope I make it count the next time.

He is still going strong after being shot in Sept! This picture is from 3 days ago. He is still thin but I think he will make it now!

From This:
gas.PNG
To This:
Gash.PNG
To 4 days ago:
ga.PNG

Incredible animals

John-was that shot at a steep downward angle or more horizontal?

I see a little dip in the top of the back and wonder if you only took out part of the top of the spine?

Tough SOB

John-was that shot at a steep downward angle or more horizontal?

I see a little dip in the top of the back and wonder if you only took out part of the top of the spine?

The shot deflected and ended up being more flat. He was laid open perfect from one side to the other. And it is possible I nicked the top of the spine but not enough to cause failure. Can't wait for another chance at him. Even if it may have to wait until next year.

Thanks for the update. WT are tough sob's and I bet he will be there next year. I doubt it will be the arrow wound that kills him if he does die before next year.

Cool, hope he makes it. What's jan and feb look for snow depth down there? Im sure they get snow but does it stick, and keep getting deeper?

Cool, hope he makes it. What's jan and feb look for snow depth down there? Im sure they get snow but does it stick, and keep getting deeper?

Most of the time only a few inches on the ground or none. Right now it has snowed an inch and will be gone this weekend.

It's possible with that injury that he may grow a very different rack. He might blow up into a NT, or maybe one side not as strong as the other. Hard to say.

whatever grows on that head, I surely wouldnt think twice about taking that brutus. :)

It's possible with that injury that he may grow a very different rack. He might blow up into a NT, or maybe one side not as strong as the other. Hard to say.

Maybe......but not if I get another chance at him this weekend!;)