All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

No shots but if I wanted a doe, plastic boy produced.

Mama made the biggest mistake at a long shot, 5 yards from me.
If I wanted meat in a jar this early she'd be done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I connected tonight.
c7bfae824679054954d328799b9ea31a.jpg
That sir is one nice buck! Congrats!

Congrats browndog!!!

That's what makes this so damn addicting. A crappy season can change in an instant.

Nice buck!

Thanks guys. I just got in from taking care of business. It was one hell of a sit this aft. I had early action starting at 3pm and everything was a blur after that. The 5pt came from behind me at 3:30 and then the bucks started showing up. 5-6 bucks, does and fawns everywhere tonight. The buck I shot was trying to isolate one doe from her fawns, it was crazy. He rounded her up and off they went and I didn't think I would see him again. He ended up going by me a few times on different missions and stood in front of me at 40yds but I didnt want to take a 40yd shot. Somehow he looped back around and came down the trail(north view) that I posted earlier and started to head to my corn plot to the west... 20yds broadside pass through and went 50yds and I could hear him crash. I had about 10 deer around me and not a single one of them moved after the shot...it was crazy. A 2.5yr old walked over to where the buck crashed but I couldn't tell what he was doing because he was in the cattails/willows. The buck died about 25yds from where he separated the doe from the fawns. The fawns barely moved after he pushed that doe, they stood in the same spot for 20mins. The buck walked right past the fawns before I shot him. As I'm watching the fawns and the buck walking towards where my buck crashed, in walks this 4.5+yr old 8pt from the NE and he marches right in under my tree and works that scrape that I posted previously and he is banging his antlers around in the overhanging branch which is part of the tree I'm sitting in and I can feel the vibrations through my stand while he is doing that, it was unbelieveable.

Wiscwhip, this is the 8pt that I posted in the trailcam section and you mentioned if the neighbors would take him and then I put him on the hitlist. I've passed up alot of bucks over the years. Last bow buck I shot was a 150" 10pt in 2005.

Last edited:
Good luck to you guys this morning. It's someone else's turn now. I'm taking the morning off:)

Wiscwhip, this is the 8pt that I posted in the trailcam section and you mentioned if the neighbors would take him and then I put him on the hitlist. I've passed up alot of bucks over the years. Last bow buck I shot was a 150" 10pt in 2005.
Looks like that was a good choice then! Congrats! I would rather see someone who puts in their time and effort shoot a deer like that, way better than some weekend warrior Fudd getting lucky when someone just chases a random deer past them. Not that they shouldn't shoot deer like that, but it is good to see someone deserving get a nice deer!

Last edited:
87687b81edb5f7a13e36ec332f154ca1.jpg

Sitting over a small Durana clover kill plot with waterhole deep in our property... Breezy and 63...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living through you guys for the most part lately. Wind has been a killer here. 30-40 mph here today gusts into the 50s. I guess if I had access to some standing corn fields to still hunt today would be the day!

Pretty sure a badger is calling my bunker blind home. I have to sit right in front of this hole.
dfe0a2afb1364031473fee662175f427.jpg

Living through you guys for the most part lately. Wind has been a killer here. 30-40 mph here today gusts into the 50s. I guess if I had access to some standing corn fields to still hunt today would be the day!

Sounds like we're going to get those winds tomorrow and Friday. 30mph winds with 40mph gusts tomorrow.

Pretty sure a badger is calling my bunker blind home. I have to sit right in front of this hole.

You better go find a big rock!

Just checked trailcam pics. Gonna take up bowling now
I'll take that ghost over a pissed off badger.

I'll take that ghost over a pissed off badger.

I had a badger near one of my bow stands last year. Looked to be 30-40 lbs of low to the ground muscle & torque. Watched him dig a hole he could crawl into in minutes ... would not want to get anywhere near their claws ....

11 does and fawns tonight but no bone

I had a badger near one of my bow stands last year. Looked to be 30-40 lbs of low to the ground muscle & torque. Watched him dig a hole he could crawl into in minutes ... would not want to get anywhere near their claws ....

We have holes all over our place, but i've only ran into one and I was on the ATV thankfully with no dog.

Back in the saddle, who else is out there? I've got my wnw wind @6mph, and rain went through last night. I'll b in stand till winds hit 20

25 to 30 mph winds with gusts up to 50 mph.
I'm having coffee at the kitchen table