Live from the stand thread

Hope you get your hunts in early this week. 40mph winds on Thursday, 30mph Friday, be safe out there folks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The weather will probably have me back in the office the rest of the week. Rain / t-storms tomorrow and the high winds on Thursday and Friday.

The weather will probably have me back in the office the rest of the week. Rain / t-storms tomorrow and the high winds on Thursday and Friday.

No doubt. I'm hitting hard today and maybe tomorrow morning.

Nothing moving here yet. This is my best spot for mid morning cruising bucks. Staying here until noon or so.

89abc66b4e8473c46d48d9dcc9d9b3f9.jpg

1e7fb438ad16a157868c419ef4933ba0.jpg

Crisp 22, and the first time I pulled out the heater suit. So nice. In a little highland funnel trying to catch the deer moving north into thick swamp. Already had a yearling buck come by. Gotta get a big one moving.....

Doe patrol

b2521939bf8948e2872e6633347b7835.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e5b3818029daefb2c469d486559d9e89.jpg

Killed a nice Tom turkey with my bow from an open ladder stand about 7:15 am... He is on the ground and his buddy was picking at his head... I went over and got him and now the other Tom won't leave... Gobbling and carrying on at 40 yards right now...

Oh, it's windy as all get out and 48 degrees. Wind helped cover my drawing the bow movement...

The moment when you start peeing and you forget you have a hip bag on. Ugh

Doe patrol

b2521939bf8948e2872e6633347b7835.jpg

I am hoping a real old gimpy dry doe I have seen for 4 years comes by since she has been traditionally using this area... I love bowhunting but seldom take a deer because I set my expectations way too high on bucks and does are few and far between so we only take known really old does that aren't productive and only with bow...

Good luck!

I am hoping a real old gimpy dry doe I have seen for 4 years comes by since she has been traditionally using this area... I love bowhunting but seldom take a deer because I set my expectations way too high on bucks and does are few and far between so we only take known really old does that aren't productive and only with bow...

Good luck!
I just like shooting deer.

To this today :

19eae0280ff7a033fb95c80f6571e7be.jpg

I have to spend a couple days in the concrete jungle before I'm back to the woods.....

-John

Sent from my 8g phone.

See again where is the DISLIKE button

See again where is the DISLIKE button
I hope he's not trying to stick cuttings in concrete! Nice kill okie. It's nearly impossible to draw on turkeys from a stand around here, well done

1af26e240cef7eeea6d464691b1de8cf.jpg

Here is your doe BJE80...

1af26e240cef7eeea6d464691b1de8cf.jpg

Here is your doe BJE80...

Whack

The moment when you start peeing and you forget you have a hip bag on. Ugh

What the heck is a hip bag?

Sent from my 8g phone.

A fanny pack?

Yes. Or a fag pack you could say.

:mad:Slow morning...only heard 3 high powered rifle shots so far today in a bow only season...

:mad:Slow morning...only heard 3 high powered rifle shots so far today in a bow only season...
Slow here too. Lockdown?