Live from the stand thread

The little 8pt was all I saw. Back at it tomorrow with a 10am to dark sit. South/southwest wind can hit the road already!

7 bucks and 15 does and fawns, 2 shooters out of the 7.

This guy walked right under one of my other stands.

I walked over to the other stand this afternoon that I saw this buck under and found a scrape not 10yds from the stand.

See the tree in the back ground that's the tree with the stand.

Still hunping, ready for an all Dayer

Back on stand...

c5bbf697ffccf11e12c2c4ec855f8fc4.jpg

Passed this buck twice a few minutes ago... 11 points...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c5bbf697ffccf11e12c2c4ec855f8fc4.jpg

Passed this buck twice a few minutes ago... 11 points...

You are a much better man than me. I would of been shaking and sending an arrow. lol

Was getting ready to head out and sit for the day, buddy just smoked one on the 80 I was going to sit. Headed out to help track and hopefully drag.

Reactions: gwm
You are a much better man than me. I would of been shaking and sending an arrow. lol

I killed a huge 8 point with my muzzleloader 2 weeks ago today and I still have a couple weeks vacation to burn, 1 buck tag left, and rifle season starts in almost 2 weeks and I am sitting on my own property thinking wonder what he will look like next year if he makes it past the neighbors...

Had I skunked ML season I would have smoked this one lol...

I killed a huge 8 point with my muzzleloader 2 weeks ago today and I still have a couple weeks vacation to burn, 1 buck tag left, and rifle season starts in almost 2 weeks and I am sitting on my own property thinking wonder what he will look like next year if he makes it past the neighbors...

Had I skunked ML season I would have smoked this one lol...
1st world people problems eh?

1st world people problems eh?

I guess I am lost on that one?

Real steady morning, 3 different yearling bucks, 3 separate does, one of which had triplets. One doe also had a razor haircut off the side of her hind quarter. Means he was shooting at her either head on or away....idiots! They sell anyone a license.

Real steady morning, 3 different yearling bucks, 3 separate does, one of which had triplets. One doe also had a razor haircut off the side of her hind quarter. Means he was shooting at her either head on or away....idiots! They sell anyone a license.

Better than having to play mop up duty like I did

I just got back late saturday after 3 beautiful days in the woods. No kills for me but I did see one absolute giant and one other real dandy, not to mention countless numbers deer. Saw easily 10 bucks each day of all various sizes, mostly ranging from yearlings to 3.5s. The high winds really seemed to keep the deer in the thick cover which on our place meant jack pines. Still haven't recovered my big 8 pointer but i'm hoping he is either somehow alive or my neighbors find him gun hunting. Here's a few pics I took from my stand over the past few days. My buddy connected with a nice 9 pointer which I just posted in the successful hunts thread category. I'm likely done hunting until the gun hunt. Good Luck to those who still have a tag to fill!

Here's the stand where I shot my buck. There is a heavy trail 11 yards out and a pond down the hill about 75 yards away. Hinged black cherry to funnel.
CameraZOOM-20151107065128163.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151105121006311.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151106120151202.jpg

There are always giants traveling and bedding in this big pot hole.
CameraZOOM-20151106122339298.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151106122348074.jpg

sitting by the big ole bur oaks. We have lots of burrs and red oaks. There are still literally millions and millions of acorns on the ground in our area.
CameraZOOM-20151107065119266.jpg

^^^ congrats browndog.

^^^ nice pics Crazy Ed.

^^^ congrats browndog.

Thanks, my buddy shot it. I was helping track, he said I have better eyes and wanted me to take the lead. Blood started out great and fizzled out. He went about 250yds in that nasty cattail/willow/tags. I saw him laying dead about 20yds in front of me and turned around and told my buddy theres blood going in that direction keep following it, I have to take a leak. I never told him I saw it laying there, I wanted him to walk up on it. He was stoked when he walked up on it.:)

Thanks, my buddy shot it. I was helping track, he said I have better eyes and wanted me to take the lead. Blood started out great and fizzled out. He went about 250yds in that nasty cattail/willow/tags. I saw him laying dead about 20yds in front of me and turned around and told my buddy theres blood going in that direction keep following it, I have to take a leak. I never told him I saw it laying there, I wanted him to walk up on it. He was stoked when he walked up on it.:)
Congrats to your buddy!

I just got back late saturday after 3 beautiful days in the woods. No kills for me but I did see one absolute giant and one other real dandy, not to mention countless numbers deer. Saw easily 10 bucks each day of all various sizes, mostly ranging from yearlings to 3.5s. The high winds really seemed to keep the deer in the thick cover which on our place meant jack pines. Still haven't recovered my big 8 pointer but i'm hoping he is either somehow alive or my neighbors find him gun hunting. Here's a few pics I took from my stand over the past few days. My buddy connected with a nice 9 pointer which I just posted in the successful hunts thread category. I'm likely done hunting until the gun hunt. Good Luck to those who still have a tag to fill!

Here's the stand where I shot my buck. There is a heavy trail 11 yards out and a pond down the hill about 75 yards away. Hinged black cherry to funnel.
CameraZOOM-20151107065128163.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151105121006311.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151106120151202.jpg

There are always giants traveling and bedding in this big pot hole.
CameraZOOM-20151106122339298.jpg

CameraZOOM-20151106122348074.jpg

sitting by the big ole bur oaks. We have lots of burrs and red oaks. There are still literally millions and millions of acorns on the ground in our area.
CameraZOOM-20151107065119266.jpg

Great pics!

Not from the stand but I watched a giant 8 point working a golden rod field like a bird dog today. I pulled over on a busy road, he looked at me for a few seconds then went back to his quest. Looks like the rut is going good here. Saw a couple other yearlings dead on the side of road as well.

I've had a lot of action around noon the last two days, let's see it