Live from the stand thread

Ended up seeing 9 deer. 1 shooter buck about 50 to 60 yards behind me. He was scent checking the trails that go to food plot. Tried to grunt him in but no luck.

Zero deer for me today. Really crappy 2 days.

Just the way it goes. Tomorrow could be just the opposite. It only takes 10 seconds!

John

Sent from my 8g phone.

Zero deer for me today. Really crappy 2 days.

Just the way it goes. Tomorrow could be just the opposite. It only takes 10 seconds!

John

Ouch! I'm sleeping in tomorrow morning. This past week has sucked.

Ouch! I'm sleeping in tomorrow morning. This past week has sucked.
Don't tempt me!

I'm hunting in the morning, but plan to be napping in my chair in time for the packer game

Sent from my 8g phone.

Congrats again Brad. You did the right thing by putting it down. Better you eating venison than yotes and wolves.

He didn't have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not edge feathering that's clear cutting and letting It regrow :).

It does look good.
The edge feathering didn't work. I pulled the wife out of shopping. Big boy showed up but they cut to the food plot 75 yards from her. Glad she got to see a 160" buck.
South wind blowing back in. I'm kinda burnt out and might be passing tomorrow am. 3 dark-dark sits in a row
I saw 9 antlerless, 6 were fawns. 8 different bucks. All yearlings but the 160"er and a big 8 in high 130s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sat the lower creek bottom for the first time in a new stand. Tight spot with limited view and draw lanes, but may be a very good gun stand due to funnel of the area.

Saw 9 does and 6 bucks. The ones that came by were chasing does. Good to know how this stand functions relative to feeding area.

In this new ladder stand I have a number of issues to correct tomorrow ... squeaks & some ,loose nuts ... and some limbs to trim ...

Upper food plot on the upper flat, does out feeding at 4 pm, bucks started rolling in at 4:50 ... lots of chasing and one nice really good 10 point that needs some time .... looks like they are moving now that the cold weather is back in ....

3 bucks, biggest around 120", chasing a doe.

Absolute perfect morning. 30's without a hint of a breeze. Small buck walked under me before light.

I am on our deer lease today but now wishing I was back on our 80...several shooters on our 80 per cameras but here only small bucks on camera...

Finally saw a few.

3 bucks, a one year old, a two year old, and a three year old. Just waiting for the four year old.

6 does and fawns.

Bucks are cruising hard, but walked right by the does?

Sent from my 8g phone.

Haven't seen a thing...

Up to 7. Both times multiple small bucks chasing a doe.

Finally saw 1... Had him right under me...
b5a3b05701ca32b834d61aa0a6c145c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-2 with TT at post #265. Nice job.

The seat on a Millennium treestand definitely help on these all day sits.

3 bucks cruising, no chasing.

Same as what I have been seeing the last few days. Lots of does out in plot in evening and bucks just walking by them.

We all seem to be seeing the same thing. I heard a couple grunts, but that was the closest thing I saw to rutting :)

-John

Wedding commitments are over, hitting the stand for an afternoon/evening hunt.

Good luck!

Good luck tooln.