d903cd7b5a9183f20ee340ef9ddaebfc.jpg

70652248c0d461cf228f265e0132f922.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack squat. And my season comes to an end. Darn it

Jack squat. And my season comes to an end. Darn it

:(

I was planning on the NJ shotgun opener in the AM. The Mrs just reminded me Jr has a doctor apt. in the morning.

Maybe Tuesday I'll post a pic.

Sounds like the second rut is kicking in. My dad has been doing really well. He said 2 and 3 year old bucks have been responding the best they have all year to grunt calls. He seen another fine looking 9, who's gonna be a stud next year. The buck was grunting and chasing. He thought about shooting broadside, and probably would have if he didn't know he was going to get a better look at him.
If ole man winter doesn't get too extreme next year will continue to produce 160" plus bucks. So exciting!!!!

I can top that, we have a nice young buck walking around with the lower jaw hanging like #4 at lambeau.
Freaking idiots

I can top that, we have a nice young buck walking around with the lower jaw hanging like #4 at lambeau.
Freaking idiots

It's not just there. I'm afraid it happens everywhere. An outfitter neighbor next to some of the ground I manage had one hunter bow shoot a buck head on. Could show cam pics of him I got after, with 85ish% of the arrow sticking out of him. Impact was about 3/4ths of the way down his back, arrow sticking out along his spine, towards his neck. Got pics of a 1.5 with an arrow sticking straight out from where his head and neck meet, 2% penetration. Must have hit just perfect, using old aluminum arrows (guessing an antique bow, too, at very low poundage). Another of their clients shot at a buck with a 20 gauge at 150 yards....Marginal, but I know guys that can make that shot....Catch is that it was walking away when they shot....They trailed it about 400 yards into us (they were sitting by the line, of course) before they lost blood. I could keep going for a very long time, unfortunately.

I know there are some great outfitters out there and a bunch of great hunters that do outfitted hunts...Just wish their weren't also so many jack wagons that will fling arrows and bullets in a desperate hope that they may accidentally kill their trophy. If not, they leave in a couple days anyway. So, no worries. :mad:

Mid December and in a sweatshirt, rain kinda sucks though

How cow is it November 13th?

I was out walking as my gun season is done. I could not believe the number of fresh scrapes this weekends ... weird December ...

I'm enjoying the pics.... gives me ideas on how I can shape things on my property to create similar views and setups.....

Tree Spud - I saw some good, freshly worked scrapes at NC Pa. camp on Saturday. Last day of our rifle season though. Not normal to see lots of fresh scrape work at this time of December here either. Rut seemed to peak late. Can't go out again until day after Christmas. Things will probably have cooled off by then.:(

Tree Spud - I saw some good, freshly worked scrapes at NC Pa. camp on Saturday. Last day of our rifle season though. Not normal to see lots of fresh scrape work at this time of December here either. Rut seemed to peak late. Can't go out again until day after Christmas. Things will probably have cooled off by then.:(

Maybe, but the bucks will be hitting the food sources to replenish before winter. Good luck!

Thanks, TS. We'll see how things go for time to archery hunt after Christmas. If weather holds up and we don't get severe cold or ice ....... I may be back in the tree !!

Let's see what tonight brings.

Still have a little food.

20151218_150000.jpg

20151127_164315.jpg 20151127_164309.jpg

So you are now down to photo graphing a 1/3 eaten turnip ... ouch!

Go drink with some friends and hale the upcoming holidays ... :)

f384ea3cc34697831ca29916f8cca3bf.jpg

Spooled him on light tackle. The gloves were to hand line it back to the boat.

I told him to tighten the drag but at his age I don't know anything.

Last edited:
Let me rephrase that. Backlash caused a birds nest.

Still a mess :)