Live from the stand thread

9a408eda92860da2127dad24bc90f45e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wisconsin

If you don't mind me asking, what county do you hunt? I would assume somewhere up north based on low numbers? There are really good number is parts of the state.

On my last sit of the year. Next weekend I'll sit with my son for muzzleloader. Weird gun season for our camp. Unless the 2 of us remaining shoot one tonight it will be the first year ever the camp was skunked durning gun. Deer sightings have been sparse for us. Doesn't help that our new neighbors are brown and down hunters.

8b0ff69ad00c0b9ccfa0e83251f1d46c.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last hunt for Jake and I. Skunked so far! Maybe tonight is the night.

Sent from my 8g phone.

Last hunt for Jake and I. Skunked so far! Maybe tonight is the night.

Sent from my 8g phone.
Missed the picture.
5bf571edd62398b307c7f46a53e6c6ba.jpg

Sent from my 8g phone.

^^^Hard to believe the deer aren't coming out to that corn early for you to see them. Looks like a good spot.

Well I'm done no deer sightings this gun season. Time for the next season next week with the chainsaw

Ended up seeing 5. Had a small doe and this little buck at less than 20 yards. Buck trailing the doe.

20151128_165038.jpg

Skunked again

Sat out this afternoon. No movement till 30 minutes before closing. Saw 18 does and 5 bucks. Mostly small guys with one respectable 10 pt that looked like a healthy 2.5 year old. Did see right at closing a very large bodied buck. Came towards the edge of the wood line and saw a wide white rack that had some good mass even in the low light. He was about to step into the field and a doe ran back into the woods from the corn field and he followed her.

The wife was hunting with me hoping to fill her tag. She said ... that's no fair, he was supposed to come right into the field after her, why did run? I said, if I knew that answer, I could've saved a lot of $$ chasing you :)

Add me to the no deer list. For the gun season on 2 private properties I have seen 0 deer in 8 sits. I havn't jumped a deer walking in or out or heard a noise that would remotely get my attention besides some knob shooting a nubby on the adjacent DNR land. My dad has been out about 8 times as well and he saw 3 does for 3 seconds opening day. They are all over the cameras at night but nocturnal beyond belief right now. Add no deer to my last 4 bow sits and it has been a really fun couple of weeks!

Saw a doe and fawn this afternoon. They were spooky and jumped back into the bedding area they were exiting. Don't know if they saw, heard, or smelled me or what. I had no shot opportunity but wasn't going to take either of them anyways. First deer I've seen since 0640 opening morning.

If you don't mind me asking, what county do you hunt? I would assume somewhere up north based on low numbers? There are really good number is parts of the state.

Far north eastern marathon county. And our deer numbers are actually decent. I just don't know where they are.

My son took this pic on Nov 14. I went back over today to watch for yotes and the same deer was at the same spot. I guess we have him hooked on turnips.

not quite live but my cell has very bad reception at farm...stupid work mandated AT&T

not quite live but my cell has very bad reception at farm...stupid work mandated AT&T

Nice set up how many did you see from your ground blind ?

Nice set up how many did you see from your ground blind ?
Zero :(

Put the blind up this afternoon..I'm hoping tomorrow afternoon after the sleet\snow I might see something. The only buck I have seen during the regular 9 day gun hunt was 1 spike buck. I've seen some does and fawns, not every sit but enough to keep it interesting.

Not sure how much muzzleloader hunting I will do but will give it a shot.

Back in the blind tucked into the corn. Sounds like ice pellets coming down. I wonder if deer can hear rain etc hitting the blind. .I have the same thought when using tree stand umbrella.