Live from the stand thread

Back in the blind tucked into the corn. Sounds like ice pellets coming down. I wonder if deer can hear rain etc hitting the blind. .I have the same thought when using tree stand umbrella.

I bet they can't really hear it. You're sitting inside the drum so it sounds extra loud.

Good luck.

2nd shotgun season IL public land
32a621799086689758cd9a16abbae582.jpg

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Way to hang in there.

32a621799086689758cd9a16abbae582.jpg

Wow you get to pick up and move to another state. Good luck

My pops was put on my place this morning. He saw 3 bucks, including a fine looking 8.

Sun is out today. Stayed cloudy all day yesterday and i didn't see a thing.
73fb2e8c3b57f97607f303d17a7bcf85.jpg

I didn't see anything yesterday either. Haven't seen anything this morning. I checked my cameras yesterday and only had night time movement, mostly does and fawns...One 4 pointer

Dipper, how many are you looking to take out this year? Are you almost to where you want to be?

8512bdfe3c9b7e283fee5870b70eb93c.jpg

Doe patrol, just got setup and two baldies moving in swamp. I knew I should cleared a little lane. They move early in thick unpressured cover
Bow or smoke pole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son and I are leaving soon to head up north and give the muzzle loader a shot tomorrow. Really want to shoot something with him bad but don't have high hopes.

I'd like to take 30, but that's not gonna happen. Muzzleloader of course

Sat with my son and daughter tonight. We saw a nub and 2 meatheads.

Went out and sat with the ML this afternoon in the lower transition area between the marsh and upper fields. We 50 deg F at 3 pm.

Had 14 does come out and 7 bucks. First activity started around 3;30 pm. One of the bucks was a 3 yr old nice 10 that I now know is an 11 pt. Nice beams and very good symmetry.

Had him within 15 yards of my box blind as he worked his way past me.

Good afternoon!

Walked the NJ property today for the first time in 4 months.

Shotgun comes in on Monday. I may have to do an Elmer Fudd and sit behind a tree.
7d1fd707b0e5a0efb490989c0cdbfe40.jpg

a8d0666eb661a246d8cbf380610ffc16.jpg

Reactions: gwm
I have to stop in at work this morning, but I'm thinking about heading out on Sunday morning to try and take a buck with the shotgun since the weather is still stupid nice.

a76a12ad3c9c1223dce8050753ba802d.jpg

Just found out I don't have to babysit for the granddaughters this afternoon, so I might just grab the slug gun and head out to look for a buck.

Just found out I don't have to babysit for the granddaughters this afternoon, so I might just grab the slug gun and head out to look for a buck.
Where? Illinois? Metro ?

So I'm sitting here waiting for about 1pm. My son and I are heading out. Brown is down with him.

Had deer in the plots the previous two nights. Would give my left nut to shoot this guy tonight who was in there last night.

6a222ab897e3d43ddc1096fdbbbdda42.jpg

LaCrosse Metro Unit, the "regular rifle season" runs until Dec 9th(the day before the Dec Antlerless hunt) in all Metro units.;) The only stipulation I have is that it is shotgun only on the city controlled properties. If I knew someone with private land that was in the boundaries of the unit I could use my '06.