Live from the stand thread

Congrats tree spud, nice one.

I'm out. Watching a strip of hardwoods between two tag/willow bedding areas.

ada64b2e17b21a19bda8a0bf1af3d08c.jpg
Bd-does that strip have a little elevation compared to the swamp?
Looks like a killer spot.

Bd-does that strip have a little elevation compared to the swamp?
Looks like a killer spot.

Yes, but not much. I dont need knee boots to walk in there. It's a strip of white/red/bur oaks, ash and hickory. It's about 80yd wide strip that runs north south and T's off east west right where I'm sitting. I shot my bow buck on the very right side of the pic in the that strip of woods. Snow would help greatly where I was sitting tonight.

Last edited:
I'm out. Watching a strip of hardwoods between two tag/willow bedding areas.

ada64b2e17b21a19bda8a0bf1af3d08c.jpg

WOW ... I look at that strip and transition between those willows and see some major big dog scent checking that area or looking for an escape path to his home base ... be patient, don't worry about how many deer you see, the one big boy is what you are looking for. Good luck!

Congrats Tree Spud, post: 95906, member: 241"]Took this buck yesterday afternoon. He followed a doe out of the creek bottom at 3:10 pm. He was locked on her and they both wandered in front of me. Took a 40 yard heart shot and he went 50 yards before tumbling onto the creek. 9 point went 182 lbs field dressed.

Prior to this guy, I had seen a total of 4 bucks, all spikes & forks plus a lot of does on Sat & Sun. I think the big mature bucks may have locked on their dates and are only moving if they do.

Good luck to all sitting on the stand!

View attachment 8099

View attachment 8100[/QUOTE]
Congrats

Very quiet morning. I think alot of people stayed home. Judging by the traffic on the hwy I can hear from my stand, I would say there was about 70% less traffic this morn than opening morn.

Very quiet morning. I think alot of people stayed home. Judging by the traffic on the hwy I can hear from my stand, I would say there was about 70% less traffic this morn than opening morn.
Good luck it's raining over my way. Will try tomorrow

3 does.

A cool, still kind of wet, evening.

I'm headed out for a quick late afternoon still hunt. I'll swap memory cards and patrol for trespassers.

Not to bad out still have not seen a deer this season

Ended up seeing 7. Had this little button buck around for about an hour.

20151127_161457.jpg

Really a nice buck Tree Spud!!

Not to bad out still have not seen a deer this season
Still just the one for me. Terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still just the one for me. Terrible.

What state do you live in?

Saw 6 this morning, no shots fired.

Did hear a couple shots in the distance.

What state do you live in?

Wisconsin