Live from the stand thread

Not hunting my land this afternoon. I lease 100 acres of timber that borders me.

Can't do any habitat work but I do get to control how the neighbors hunt.

Well on one side anyway.

Decided to go for a view tonight since I am packing a 7mm rem mag.

3a63fec8ed5677f15dc7d2cd858f2381.jpg

0ee121606b4db72b083eeac2f11e81ae.jpg

It's rough country. Old coal strip mine that the mining co abandoned when they went under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a very good spot Bill.

Neighbor sighting in his gun. We have to be on box #2 as many times he's shot.

I haven't picked up my bow yet in 8 straight days of hunting. I am a bit disappointed with the way the season has played out so far. Have a few more hunts before gun season and then my property turns to a sanctuary for a couple of weeks.

I haven't picked up my bow yet in 8 straight days of hunting. I am a bit disappointed with the way the season has played out so far. Have a few more hunts before gun season and then my property turns to a sanctuary for a couple of weeks.

"Dislike"

That's about how long I went then when I did pick it up I didn't use it.

It sounded like a war zone by us this morning with people sighting in. After the morning hunt I checked our rifles. Top one is my .243. Middle is my dads .270 which I shot. Now he doesn't have an excuse. It's not the gun. Bottom is his 22-250 which he shot. That was just for the hell of it. No need to waste any more bullets. The orange dot is about the size of a quarter.

Yep, no excuses with any of those.

Going to try to get two more hunts in this week before Saturday's gun opener.

It sounded like a war zone by us this morning with people sighting in. After the morning hunt I checked our rifles. Top one is my .243. Middle is my dads .270 which I shot. Now he doesn't have an excuse. It's not the gun. Bottom is his 22-250 which he shot. That was just for the hell of it. No need to waste any more bullets. The orange dot is about the size of a quarter.

Even I could do that at 25 yards :) Just kidding, nice shooting.

-John

Live Action

Rain this AM and I've been at this a while.
Time for a morning off.

db867b501a1e441e069ebf3c278721f4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My bow season is done, maybe Thursday? That's the last day right? back to the grind this week to recharge for the opener.
My pops was out on my place and it sounds like he let go a buck today he should of shot. He said it was a main frame ten, only 14" wide, with with a G3,G4 busted off, but 11" g2s. :eek:
He said he just heard a deer walking in the thick cover, and he grunted at the deer, not knowing what it was. This buck busted right in, ears slicked back and puffed up, looking for a kick some!
I called him crazy but he sticks to his 140" rule. He said the buck just looked old.
No idea about the buck, never seen anything like that. One less deer I have to mount and 2 less tines I have to repair.
He waits to post rut type of situations and has a lot of luck doing it.

My bow season is done, maybe Thursday? That's the last day right? back to the grind this week to recharge for the opener.
My pops was out on my place and it sounds like he let go a buck today he should of shot. He said it was a main frame ten, only 14" wide, with with a G3,G4 busted off, but 11" g2s. :eek:
He said he just heard a deer walking in the thick cover, and he grunted at the deer, not knowing what it was. This buck busted right in, ears slicked back and puffed up, looking for a kick some!
I called him crazy but he sticks to his 140" rule. He said the buck just looked old.
No idea about the buck, never seen anything like that. One less deer I have to mount and 2 less tines I have to repair.
He waits to post rut type of situations and has a lot of luck doing it.

Bow is open Friday before gun now. That gives you an extra day. There always is late season too.

Never curse high winds or small spikes.

Got in the stand today and the wind was blowing 23mph. You couldn't hear yourself fart.

20 minutes later this spike walked by.

The spike then walked up on a bedded buck who stood up 60 yards from me. I put him back in his bed.

He never heard me walk in.

e52860274d6becd91d5f6847622c3f71.jpg

Hell of a year Bill. Big time congrats to you!

Awesome bill. Congrats

Awesome! That is some chunk of ground you have there for sure! Congrats!

Congrats, did you thank the spike?