Live from the stand thread

Think of it as catch and release. :D

Yea, I have buck tag left and already killed a good one and I like to rifle hunt so it's weird...I will pass chip shot bucks with a bow that I would shoot later with my rifle...

260642f4c7745d2e4eca71d2861c6093.jpg

Buck I killed the 26th...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one Okie.

Yeah John he's all main beam with real nice brows.
He's actually one of four deer I need to shoot just to free up bed space for better deer.

And that's no excuse to dump one. I believe what Steve Bartylla has to say on the subject.

You can't change genetics but you can free up space for deer that already have better genetics.

2c4983fd7f16b09c85481c5bdae73ac7.jpg

Beautiful morning in the stand today. Saw 10-15 deer. Should be a nice afternoon as well.

First day of gun. Warm temps. Just passed 3 year old 7 point in plots 2.5 hrs before dark. Saw 4 does and different 3 yo this morn. No rutting.

0ee51c2f441813f210adb2a5e1e87eea.jpg

Desperation setup for me tonight. Not ideal for a South wind, but it will have to do.

Sent from my 8g phone.

20ee1104904124c440895ae5532b31f5.jpg

Different setup on another plot/waterhole combo for evening. Rotating wind

7 point came back by at dark chasing a doe. Saw 3 more does in another small plot. Going 3 hours in morning.

042a5bb36d06342e1a9387da226340a4.jpg

New stand for this evening. Lots of activity, no shooters.

Uggg. Check out successful hunts.

Again.

^^^ Bill, I don't know if I would be more frustrated or happy with how things are going for you this year. Maybe a little bit of both.

Button buck just came by nose to the ground.

In the thickets this morning.

If he comes by it better be close.

gwm,
Best year ever so I'm pretty happy. The way I see it is without me none of those deer would be around.

I'm amazed at how many mature bucks are bedding and cruising the NWSG in daylight hours.

f0a745aa761a519c1951964635a9fffa.jpg

In the thickets this morning.

If he comes by it better be close.

gwm,
Best year ever so I'm pretty happy. The way I see it is without me none of those deer would be around.

I'm amazed at how many mature bucks are bedding and cruising the NWSG in daylight hours.

f0a745aa761a519c1951964635a9fffa.jpg

Good job! Our land all looks like that other than the 2 dozed plots...maybe 40 yard shot in the brush and maybe 100 yards into woods past plots...

Good job! Our land all looks like that other than the 2 dozed plots...maybe 40 yard shot in the brush and maybe 100 yards into woods past plots...

This place is the exact opposite. It was mostly open pasture and hay ground. From an aerial pic it wouldn't look like much deer hunting.
60 acres of NWSG in different fields has really made an improvement.

This place is the exact opposite. It was mostly open pasture and hay ground. From an aerial pic it wouldn't look like much deer hunting.
60 acres of NWSG in different fields has really made an improvement.
Your a smart man. I'm working big time to improve my open fields.

We'll see what tonight brings.

Rut is on here. My son decided to shoot a 3 year old this morning. The old sway back 8 just walked by where we loaded his deer and its 2.5 hrs till dark. I might decide later to take that old deer but not yet.