Live from the stand thread

I walked in to my 20 acre place before daylight. Two does and a young buck sensed that I had been there. Over the next hour all three eventually walked out looking for me and offered 15 yard broadside shots. It happens all the time at that spot. Deer are stupid - except for the ones I’m hunting.

Big body about 135 inches. Coming into plot.

This was this am. Sure makes it fun. The 2 year old 8 point told me the government was wrong again. It was a southeast wind at 8 am. Almost polar opposite of weather.gov.
IMG_5765.png
IMG_5764.jpeg

This was this am. Sure makes it fun. The 2 year old 8 point told me the government was wrong again. It was a southeast wind at 8 am. Almost polar opposite of weather.gov.
View attachment 69839
View attachment 69838
Tough bowhunting without a wind unless you have strong thermals.

Tough bowhunting without a wind unless you have strong thermals.
Was an extremely frustrating weekend. Hot, sunny, dry, loud and no wind. Im doing more harm than good. Almost impossible to access stands without blowing out deer and if you get the wrong thermal or slight swirling breeze it was game over once in the stand. Gonna lay low until we get a change in the weather. Silver lining, it was early single shot rifle season (muzzleloader) and I bet I didn’t hear 4 shots all weekend long.

I normally sit out the dead calm days because I hate making so much noise, I feel like I’m blowing the entire place out. Give me a breezy, wet day anytime but work tends to get in the way of the best conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunted this evening, a little more daylight buck activity on camera the last 24 hours. Talked to a neighbor today who said he has found 3 nice bucks that were dead near his creek the last couple weeks. I am sure EHD is taking a toll again this year. Saw 1 ok buck and a doe with a fawn. The buck showed no interest in the doe tonight. Grunted at him a couple times. He heard me but wasn’t interested in checking it out.

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    698 KB · Views: 8