Live from the stand thread

He stunk like guts, but otherwise completely untouched from other critters. Overnight temps were near freezing so no meat wasted. Loins for dinner tomorrow!

Congrats, I love mass! My thought was back lung and some type of fleshy material based on how arrow looked. It's tough finding a wounded deer at night. I once arrowed one and tracked him in a 3/4 of a circle arch for ~100 yards in tall grass, he was lung shot so the blood was a spray in tall reed canary grass. Found the last bit of blood and thought it was time to head in and come back in the morning. When I turned to head back I nearly tripped over the buck.

That’s a very nice buck, glad you found him intact !

I remember the days of physically lifting a deer into the bed of the mule, or onto the back of a 4-wheeler - WHEW! Now I stand this sled on its side next to the deer with the deers legs held up, and just roll it in. I also have a boat trailer winch attached to a tree with a cable through a pulley on a beefy limb that makes hoisting, field dressing, and loading in the back of the truck a piece of cake. Without these tools, I’d pass on a lot of deer also!

master3_12051108263923_main
Scooter works 4 me.

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpeg
    IMG_1029.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 6
Sorry to leave you guys hanging. Searched with the drone for 2.5 hours this morning before I decided to pick back up the blood trail. Found him 20 yards from where we stopped looking last night, stiff as a board, died on the run.

Wasted time and money on the drone but I guess it was cool to see the capabilities. Also got to see that there were mature bucks in the area (and I mean pretty close) that I've never had on camera...pretty incredible really.

Didn't get a tape on him, shot was back a little as expected, believe it was liver and single lung. He went 150 yards, died on the run, must have expired within minutes of the shot.

View attachment 69633
That's a beast...

Trailed it for 150 yards on a light and spotty trail, didn't find any beds. Decided to back out and will try again tomorrow hopefully with the help of a dog or drone.
Usually if I hit ‘em where I planned on with an arrow, they live for under 3 seconds.
They run about 20 miles an hour? So if I don’t find em in 100 to 200 yards I back out. Give em time 2 die. Best of luck.

You found him!

Toad!

Congratulations!