Live from the stand thread

No shots yet on day 2 of IL. I think enough damage was done yesterday.
Shooting like crazy in my area. I'm pretty sure one guy has fired 6 shots by himself. I had 3 walk right by me at 550 this morning couldn't even make out their body it was so dark. Other than that I think my neighbors have killed or ran off the rest of the deer in the county

The group 1 ,80 to the south is usually lile a war zone. So gar maybe 1 shot from that direction. State forest straight east of us , havent heard 1 shot from there.

Nothing at all within at least a mile of here. I heard more shooting during morning bow hunts

No shots yet on day 2 of IL. I think enough damage was done yesterday.
Lol I heard two distant shot. I had the same thought.

All quite here as well on the rifle opener.
Decided to bust out the decoy to change things up. Grunted in a little scrapper at daybreak. No shots heard which is not normal.
20211120_082312.jpg

Neighbor decided to brush hog right on the other side of my back fence...window licker!20211120_101934.jpg

I saw this one walk through my food plot about 630, but it was to dark to see what it was. It then walked back into my sanctuary, I hope he stays there for the day. There was several shots, but just a couple within a mile of me.

If he walks back out this afternoon it would be hard for me to pass on him. I don’t care if my neighbor wants it to make it another year. Around here, this is a good deer.

66E0F84B-4118-4ACD-BE28-A751BB4D7E56.png
59F3DFDC-49E7-4CF0-8E82-D3B3B983E54D.png

I would hope he goes in the sanctuary so he can make it until 4 years old

Just had two does bed 40 yards next to me facing my direction . Not hunting just sitting in woods.

Bout sick of this kid showing me up.
52a691ec0d88db497d87dc01ff7f4340.jpg
a61db102385b8f51b5be13aa9174ef6f.jpg
d4a3625d152f78e28705cbc0826fdc10.jpg

Sweet!! Congrats to the young man.

What would you do?

About 900 am this morning I hear a close shot(100 yards) it had to be right on my property line. Then a few minutes later a small buck jogs through my food plot, tail down from that direction. He looked as though he was limping a bit. He continued on through my food plot and out the other side. I sat until 10, and I went and looked, and I found 2 small drops of blood on one leaf, that was all I saw, and it was pure dark blood. I didnt look very far, just where he exited the plot nearest me, because that was where I knew he ran. I didn’t want to scent up the plot, or my land for someone else’s small buck so I went back to camp, jumped in my truck and figured I would ask them about it. No one is there. No vehicles, or tracks. Should I go look for the deer after dark? If I find it, who do I give it to? I don’t want to burn my tag on a small buck. Do I just leave it? Let it go to waist?

Maybe a road hunter? Maybe across the road, but no one there was hunting either. The longer I think about it, the more I want to go look for it so it doesn’t go to waist. I figured I would at least drive back down that way and see if anyone was out hunting yet.

What would you do?

About 900 am this morning I hear a close shot(100 yards) it had to be right on my property line. Then a few minutes later a small buck jogs through my food plot, tail down from that direction. He looked as though he was limping a bit. He continued on through my food plot and out the other side. I sat until 10, and I went and looked, and I found 2 small drops of blood on one leaf, that was all I saw, and it was pure dark blood. I didnt look very far, just where he exited the plot nearest me, because that was where I knew he ran. I didn’t want to scent up the plot, or my land for someone else’s small buck so I went back to camp, jumped in my truck and figured I would ask them about it. No one is there. No vehicles, or tracks. Should I go look for the deer after dark? If I find it, who do I give it to? I don’t want to burn my tag on a small buck. Do I just leave it? Let it go to waist?

Maybe a road hunter? Maybe across the road, but no one there was hunting either. The longer I think about it, the more I want to go look for it so it doesn’t go to waist. I figured I would at least drive back down that way and see if anyone was out hunting yet.
Can you call your local game warden and explain what happened? Maybe they will give your a salvage tag. I guess you have to worry about them not believing you and trying to get a free tag because of a small deer. That's shitty spot to be in. Hate to go to waste but also worse to lose your tag over it

I would call the police/warden and explain the situation. My guess is road poachers. Saw that happen in Ohio some years ago.

I will see if there is someone next to me hunting this evening, and also wander around at night and see what I can find more blood, or a deer.

I have told neighbors in the past don’t ask to search my property during daylight, so maybe they will find me.

Was scouting the CRP at night and had a real cool encounter, I took these videos on my iphone. If you want to see them you'll need to zoom your web browser to get a decent view. I had a nice buck about 12 yards away from me.

Bszweda that was a dandy buck. Hopefully you find his sheds and catch up with him next year.