Live from the stand thread

Small 6pt just walked past. Perhaps things will heat up.
08b1262ce320d7ce3b8209b9a7a9611e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Nice job by your son, NH. Congrats to him. The g2 just looks like a little one and not broken.

Thanks. Yes, it looks like just a short G2. This deer is pretty old so the rack may be going down hill some already.

Hanging out in a tree top in the select cut again during our 1st accumulating snowfall. Have seen a couple of button bucks so far.AF0816B7-564E-4584-9147-4234DD2CFAF7.jpeg

Well I guess it’s no longer live,for some reason it didn’t post while I was in the woods ended up seeing 6 deer and had a chase going on around me right at dark but I couldn’t see how big the buck was

I went out about 1:30, but I got cold after snow fell down the back of my jacket and I couldn’t make it until dark. I went in about 45 minutes before dark, I was shivering. I never get cold. 48D70B0B-3336-4DA5-BB7E-A172081486B5.jpeg

Last edited:
I went out about 1:30, but I got cold after snow fell down the back of my jacket and I couldn’t make it until dark. I went it about 45 minutes before dark, I was shivering. I never get cold. View attachment 38536
Sucks. I never got cold then they put 8 screws in my neck and now it's 50/50. I have learned to overdress and strip off layers as needed.

man I almost decided to hunt outside my cabin as deer like to go through the entrance. I talked myself out of it. View attachment 38390
I have a trail camera right at the driveway entrance of my property and I have been so amazed at the deer traffic through there that I think I'm going to have to put a stand up there next year.

My rutcation is an hour or so away from being done. What a bust. Very little deer movement period let alone rut activity. Saw some deer and had a few young bucks acting frisky but all in all a truly disappointing first week in November. I’ve gotten reports from Mexico to Tennessee to other places in ky that it’s been dead too. Something was off this last few days.
I was just going to post the same thing. Went on annual WV rutcation last week. My dad and I belong to a large hunting club. I hunted 6 days morning and evening with exception to the last Saturday. This is also hunting over bait (legal there). I saw a little 4 point on the last day, Saturday, to save me from getting skunked for the week. It was in the 60's most of the week before snowing on Saturday. The highlight of my week was seeing a fisher. I'll post some pics when I get the chance. We only got one small 8 pt. out of 11 guys. There were a couple misses though.

Looking mighty fine Bill!

I’ll be honest. I let this buck walk on Saturday. Then watched the video and thought I shouldn’t have.

Video set up. I glassed the deer and decided I wasn’t shooting. I flipped the video on and in the view finder decided I was an idiot (that’s why it’s so short). I flipped the video off and put my rifle on him and decided again to let him walk.

I sound like my wife deciding what to wear…

Video is from my phone taping it off the TV. So not so good.

Today I left the camera alone.

He looks bigger in the video than he does in the pic! Congrats

He looks bigger in the video than he does in the pic! Congrats
Yes he does.
I think I should have went with decision #1. But he’s a good buck. Just, to use that phrase everyone hates. Imagine 1 more year….

He looks real mature in the vid. 1 more year and he might get smaller.

I’ll be honest. I let this buck walk on Saturday. Then watched the video and thought I shouldn’t have.

Video set up. I glassed the deer and decided I wasn’t shooting. I flipped the video on and in the view finder decided I was an idiot (that’s why it’s so short). I flipped the video off and put my rifle on him and decided again to let him walk.

I sound like my wife deciding what to wear…

Video is from my phone taping it off the TV. So not so good.

Today I left the camera alone.

That's a wall hanger where I'm from.

you coulda done a whole lot worse, ya know?

Good one, Bill. And congrats!

Yes he does.
I think I should have went with decision #1. But he’s a good buck. Just, to use that phrase everyone hates. Imagine 1 more year….
Great deer. Curious, you put a tape on him yet?