Live from the stand thread

Low 40's rainy and starting to get windy, calling for 25-30 mph maybe this afternoon, gun season now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's 34 F, winds 24 mph with higher gusts, rain & sleet. Not a day to be is a tree so I will be spending today getting ready for our gun opener next weekend.

We have a very happy boy on our hands! I told him shoot whatever you want and he took me up on it.
Chuck and I will see about a buck next weekend.
68c4b6ae2391629238b074933c289caf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

We have a very happy boy on our hands! I told him shoot whatever you want and he took me up on it.

Little dog gittin it done!

My son killed this 9 point this afternoon. We think the deer was a 4 year old. Our rut is on right now, and I will be out looking for his grandaddy in the morning.....:emoji_grinning:

HYFoZOS.jpg

Very nice buck your son has there Native, congrats to him.

My son killed this 9 point this afternoon. We think the deer was a 4 year old. Our rut is on right now, and I will be out looking for his grandaddy in the morning.....:emoji_grinning:

HYFoZOS.jpg
Damn. Nice deer, color me green

Sweet!

HYFoZOS.jpg

congrats to your son.

hey Merle congrats to the little guy! My oldest is 8 but I think he's still a year or 2 away from being ready.

hey Merle congrats to the little guy! My oldest is 8 but I think he's still a year or 2 away from being ready.
It helped having the box stand so he could rest the gun on the ledge. Even with a youth 870 he had trouble steadying it free hand.

Could have, should have. Didn’t.
I will next time.

We have a few old dudes with head gear that doesn’t match on the farm. One just strolled by. I picked up the rifle but didn’t shoot.
Pic is from my video view finder. Got great video of him.

27684AD7-3F4B-41FA-AC28-C12742CC0BEB.jpeg

Congrats!

Could have, should have. Didn’t.
I will next time.

We have a few old dudes with head gear that doesn’t match on the farm. One just strolled by. I picked up the rifle but didn’t shoot.
Pic is from my video view finder. Got great video of him.
That summarizes my bow season. Gun starts Saturday and now I'll be lucky to see any that I passed.

That’s so awesome to see friend! Love seeing the youth out there. Parenting done right
Congrats young man, welcome to your new addiction!

The weatherman called for heavy rain this morning so I slept in to recharge after putting in a lot of treestand time this weekend. I made a cup of coffee an peeked out the window
E78FCDC8-4801-47A6-B546-6F1C48C56CA1.png
5 point at 10 feet tonight, a younger me would be dragging right now. At this stage of my life I’d rather this guy be my daughters first buck.
BD8B810A-7C57-418F-97E5-986588053FAB.png

My neighbor 2 houses down hit this stud with his truck about an hour ago. I heard the screeching tires and the thud as I walked out of the woods behind my house :

D220CF6F-4B32-4AC9-8F87-1A5EC6EFDBF3.jpeg

The weatherman called for heavy rain this morning so I slept in to recharge after putting in a lot of treestand time this weekend. I made a cup of coffee an peeked out the window
View attachment 32613
5 point at 10 feet tonight, a younger me would be dragging right now. At this stage of my life I’d rather this guy be my daughters first buck.
View attachment 32611

My neighbor 2 houses down hit this stud with his truck about an hour ago. I heard the screeching tires and the thud as I walked out of the woods behind my house :

View attachment 32612
That's a nice buck your neighbor hit, you have any encounters with him?

View attachment 32612
A semi mangled one just about like that right before I left work at 4 today. I expect it will be headless when I go by it in the morning.

I have been bouncing around from deer hunting to duck hunting and a little pheasant chasing...all depends on the wind weather and my mood.

The deer hunting has been pretty good the last few weeks have seen a couple nice bucks, a few small bucks and a lot of does and fawns. Haven't had the chance to let an arrow fly yet but did get my heart pounding one morning last week when it looked like I might have a shot at a 140ish buck. I'm not going to be fussy at all this year anything past the ears and I will dump it, just haven't had the opportunity yet but have had a great time.

Eh88mDx.jpg

rVgVSP9.jpg

0mmw9xo.jpg

jf2hxtk.jpg

biKnedk.jpg