All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live from the stand thread

3 doe at sundown otherwise quiet

Plan came together, shot did not. Good afternoon though, finally saw a little rutting activity.

Didn't forget my release today so that's a start. Son had a10 ptr run past him right at daylight but never slowed down he didn't even get his bow picked up. Good luck fellas

Record heat and wind later today. But it's calm and 10 degrees cooler than the walk out yesterday. Forgot to put my contact lenses in this morning :emoji_nerd:.

Record heat and wind later today. But it's calm and 10 degrees cooler than the walk out yesterday. Forgot to put my contact lenses in this morning :emoji_nerd:.
Good news is when the giant walks in front of you, you wont get buck fever because you don't be able to make him out

Was bemoaning the wind because the weather man said SE and it was blowing SW. Then this guy appeared and was 7 yards from my tree stand. Almost shot him. I have a hard time passing them when there that close.

Yup SSE here gusts around 20-25. Haven't seen a thing not even a tree rat

Missed a shooter around 2pm and stunk up my area looking for arrow I couldn't find. I don't except much tonight.

Missed a shooter around 2pm and stunk up my area looking for arrow I couldn't find. I don't except much tonight.
I have relegated myself to a ground sit that a big 10 walked through at 8am. Wind Boeing so hard the blind wont stay put so I took it down tucked myself between 2 pines and rolling the dice

Mornings have been dead by me. Treating tonight like a 70 degree day in September sitting on a food plot.
Good luck sounds like we all need it. I could have killed a doe already but I'm antler hunting tonight

Skunked up until a few minutes ago
4c12fbb28b6a48b7dfd77ec5529e757a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That's all, 4does and fawns one sm buck
ba8cb25dd68dc64222b35bd837afc79b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Couple of yearlings and a dink. I forgot my sunscreen again. It was so warm I had to take my boots off and hunt in socks.

Didn't see a deer all day

So the deer I missed was just cruising chasing does it went from 0 to 100 in 5 seconds. He was walking a road 60+ yards away and just turned on a dime and started waking right at me. Bare in mind I'm sitting on the ground not even in a blind just tucked in a pine tree. Went from 60 to 35 in 2 hops looking right at me so I was frozen, he went around a tree and I grabbed my bow stood up, drew and anchored. He needs to take 3 steps to be broadside be takes 2 steps and looks right at me at full draw. There is an opening right to the vials if I can just thread the needle. Deep breath, steady myself and let it fly. Arrow meet branch and it jets straight down and under him. 2 more hops and he is gone with the wind. I've never missed a deer that big, never shot at one either. Ok sure, there was prob some buck fever but the only thing I want to know is will he ever come back??????

Mornings are slow, maybe a buck at first light. Evenings on cut corn has been pretty good. Did shoot a gobbler today...