Farm and Ranch life

Great video Baker! Love how the g-2's hook forward and the color of the antlers. Congrats again!

Congratulations! I watch a lot of YouTube, and you are my favorite creator. Awesome!

Congratulations! I watch a lot of YouTube, and you are my favorite creator. Awesome!
Thank you. I appreciate your comments very much. I'm not very techie and don't know much about youtube so this is all a fun stretch for me to learn something and hopefully provide a little value. Does help to have good subject matter.

Nice hunt but what’s with the heavy breathing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats,I don't blame you for breathing heavy I probably would have already quit breathing by then.So what is your secret to growing big bucks in areas not know for it

Heh, I'll be keen to see your video where you are cool and calm under pressure:)

Congrats,I don't blame you for breathing heavy I probably would have already quit breathing by then.So what is your secret to growing big bucks in areas not know for it
Long term Nutrition and age. It really is as simple as that. Though as the saying goes..." says easy does hard"

Heh, I'll be keen to see your video where you are cool and calm under pressure:)

I would have to sit on the ground like you were. If a buck of that caliber walked by my stand I’d be shaking so much I’d fall out of the tree.

Awesome deer Rusty. Congratulations to you!

I haven’t kept up with this thread.

Sweet!
After the shot “Oh hell yeah” was my favorite part.

Congratulations he’s awesome..

Wrapping up the first part of the season as we enter the 'lull' post rut period. Here is some video of the bucks we have found so far.

Great stuff

Where is that lake/pond management video you promised?

bill

Great stuff

bill
Here is my best excuse....We are remodeling our home requiring us to move out. Been taking a lot of time. Thats the best I can offer BUT I'll keep my promise and make it a project for 2020.

Great stuff

bill
Here is my best excuse....We are remodeling our home requiring us to move out. Been taking a lot of time. Thats the best I can offer BUT I'll keep my promise and make it a project for 2020.
I'm pretty interested too. What about a quick write up on what you've done (if it's something that can be handled with a quickie, I understand that sometimes a project is too big for that)?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Holy moly. Looks like you know what you're doing. Those are some amazing deer.

As always, I loved the video.
Hoping to put some of your methods into practice next year with the start of my habitat management. The rancher comes off the family 40 at the end of December!! Spring plot, dove plot, and spraying fly to remove the fescue out of a 7 acre field are the first steps.

@Baker I re-watched several of your videos today as I start to plan my summer plots.

I am only doing 2 acres of deer plots, and 2 acres of dove plots (with a possible half acre of your joint vetch/alyce clover).

I have very, very, low deer numbers on the place and was trying to consider how to effectively have standing beans above the winter food plot similar to what Dr grant woods does with his buffalo system. I don’t have access to a no-till drill, however, so am looking for a broadcasted solution.

I was considering going with an Ag soybean instead of the forage type, since I doubt my tiny population will damage 2 acres of beans. I was hoping to pick a maturity group that would start yellowing down in mid September, and broadcast my fall blend into it as the canopy starts to disappear above it. Obviously with no incorporation, I would need to up my seeding rate accordingly.

I was wondering if you had tried anything similar.

I have grown Ag beans just fine using TNM. I plant @100#/acre

I have grown Ag beans just fine using TNM. I plant @100#/acre

Any idea how to read maturity group designations, and how to figure out which ones would die down in my time frame?

The lower the number the faster they will mature.