Farm and Ranch life

Great looking deer as always

Might be fun to have a little test. What do you pundits this this goat will score? I'm gonna let a buddy chase him so with any luck details to follow. Winning entry gets ....bragging rights. I can tell you his rt. side is almost a perfect match to left. Pretty cool for a deer this non typical

Attachments

• 41E260C1-DE93-4D32-9EBA-0E2113CCEC55.jpeg
    41E260C1-DE93-4D32-9EBA-0E2113CCEC55.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 75CFD9AE-02A9-46BE-8636-730BC35E58CF.jpeg
    75CFD9AE-02A9-46BE-8636-730BC35E58CF.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 093265A3-A62A-48F8-9F2D-B663FEC0C511_4_5005_c.jpeg
    093265A3-A62A-48F8-9F2D-B663FEC0C511_4_5005_c.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 60
Might be fun to have a little test. What do you pundits this this goat will score? I'm gonna let a buddy chase him so with any luck details to follow. Winning entry gets ....bragging rights. I can tell you his rt. side is almost a perfect match to left. Pretty cool for a deer this non typical
I thought the Irish Elk went extinct...

Really neat genetics. I'm awful at scoring but would love to hear the score if your buddy gets him.

How heavy would that buck be? I'm going to guess he's under 200 inches, maybe 190" range? I defer to @SWIFFY

Holy Cow! No idea on age but older than 5. We don't get em to that age in this neck of the woods. Really interesting that each side is close to a mirror of the other. Don't know how I'd score that one - typical/nontypical.

221 gross

I'd guess like 205" on the low end. Its tough to see what all hes got on his right side?

I'm also curious what he would weigh. Im thinking hes not a 260+ lb live buck?? Maybe he is? I suppose if hes a 170 pound buck, its going to make him look pretty big.

Cool buck. His head alone tells a heck of a story... with or without the antlers!

I don't think he is an especially big bodied buck. Would guess him in the 220-240 lb range.

I would guess 193".

Looks like he has a pretty unique forehead! Dream buck right there (not because of the forehead).

A buck of a lifetime to me, that is something I would lose a lot of sleep over 😃
I have seen some good bucks in my life but never one of this caliber.

218" gross (I am not good at guessing score lol)

Outstanding video as always Rusty! I was watching and thinking I would ask if he was a shooter... then you said you were going to let someone hunt him this yr. Good luck with your seasons and hunters. I hope to see some success videos!

How's the cattle and small animal herds/flocks doing? I'm interested in your overall habitat plan which includes things other than deer...

How's the cattle and small animal herds/flocks doing? I'm interested in your overall habitat plan which includes things other than deer...
I think the cattle are doing exactly what I wanted which is improving all my pastures. we move the cattle every 3-5 days depending with very high animal impact for short duration and long rest periods. We kept them thru the fields all summer and the speed and amount of regrowth was impressive. Starting in about a week we are going to push them into the woods with the same strategy and hopefully impact the woods as effectively as the fields. We will go back to the fields about Feb. after fall plots are going strong.

I sold the goats. from a business perspective they were to high maintenance requiring hoof and parasite attention monthly. That strained staff too much. They also didn't have the environmental impact the cows have either. May introduce later...tbd.

We have 400 laying hens now all on free range pasture moving them every 3 days.They are intense on pasture but also powerful. Using eggs and grass fed beef to prime the sales pump building a customer base. Once enough customers on line we will begin expanding into market gardening and other enterprises. Will experiment with hogs and turkeys next year.

All in all big fun!!!

Pick me to hunt him :)

209" gross. Awesome looking buck.