Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

Just out of curiosity when you say will not take, do you mean will not fit or will not read( Check SD)
The Ls take the card label up.
It says “Check SD”. The slot will take if fine

The number in the circle is the class of the SD card. Yours is a 4, which means it's a very old card. The class defines the speed capabilities of the card. Most newer trail cams want a class 10 SD card. There is a table on the link below that shows the difference in speed between SD cards and what the different markings mean. Buy yourself a class 10 card and you should be in good shape.

1000000947.png

I've been putting these in my new L cams. They're probably overkill in terms of size and performance, but I know they work.

SanDisk 64GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I Memory Card - C10, U3, V30, 4K, UHD, SD Card - SDSDXV2-064G-GNCIN https://a.co/d/7F5HW5e

The number in the circle is the class of the SD card. Yours is a 4, which means it's a very old card. The class defines the speed capabilities of the card. Most newer trail cams want a class 10 SD card. There is a table on the link below that shows the difference in speed between SD cards and what the different markings mean. Buy yourself a class 10 card and you should be in good shape.

View attachment 67440

I've been putting these in my new L cams. They're probably overkill in terms of size and performance, but I know they work.

SanDisk 64GB Extreme SDXC UHS-I Memory Card - C10, U3, V30, 4K, UHD, SD Card - SDSDXV2-064G-GNCIN https://a.co/d/7F5HW5e
It is obviously something I am doing wrong. I have tried six different cards, including two like the one below, in two different new L series cameras. All say “Check Sd”. I have been trying to set up a new system off and on over two days. Getting pretty frustrated

It is obviously something I am doing wrong. I have tried six different cards, including two like the one below, in two different new L series cameras. All say “Check Sd”. I have been trying to set up a new system off and on over two days. Getting pretty frustrated
Have you tried using the format card option in the command menus? Are any of them class 10 cards? Also, double check the read/write lock slider on the card. It should be in the unlocked position. On the card you showed the pic of, the slider is on the left edge of the card.

Have you tried using the format card option in the command menus? Are any of them class 10 cards? Also, double check the read/write lock slider on the card. It should be in the unlocked position. On the card you showed the pic of, the slider is on the left edge of the card.
The slider is in the correct position. Two of the cards were class 10. I have not formatted the card in the command section. Will try that. Thanks

Cleared the sd card while in the cam. Then took card back to computer and reloaded fw. Still said “check sd”

Cleared the sd card while in the cam. Then took card back to computer and reloaded fw. Still said “check sd”
Are you trying update the firmware? On your L series cam? To 1.7? Walk us through the exact steps you're taking after you put the card into the camera. (Some of the newer cams come with 1.7 on them)

Are you trying update the firmware? On your L series cam? To 1.7? Walk us through the exact steps you're taking after you put the card into the camera. (Some of the newer cams come with 1.7 on them)

IMG_2360.jpeg

This is the current firmware on both cams as they came in the box. I download the firmware for the L series camera off the website, copy it to the sd card, insert sd card in camera, go to load firmware under commands, device menu as below and press up

IMG_2362.jpeg

View attachment 67452

This is the current firmware on both cams as they came in the box. I download the firmware for the L series camera off the website, copy it to the sd card, insert sd card in camera, go to load firmware under commands, device menu as below and press up

View attachment 67453
That version number looks odd. You downloaded the correct firmware right? The L series file just goes right onto the card, not in any folder. (G Series needed to be unzipped I think.) If you're doing it right, I'd call Cuddeback support. The FW version looks weird to me.

Reactions: cbw
That version number looks odd. You downloaded the correct firmware right? The L series file just goes right onto the card, not in any folder. (G Series needed to be unzipped I think.) If you're doing it right, I'd call Cuddeback support. The FW version looks weird to me.
Yes - put it straight on he card. I also had a g series home that I was able to load the firmware

IMG_2366.png

This is just going on forever. The email I received from support asked if I had done an sd card check. No idea how to do that so looked it up and directions are above. I have no idea what a “rotary dial” for the delay setting is

That's wrong. It's somewhere in the command menu. If you've tried 6 cards, I doubt it's the card. If I have an option to call tech support, always call.

That's wrong. It's somewhere in the command menu. If you've tried 6 cards, I doubt it's the card. If I have an option to call tech support, always call.
A one line answer back from tech support - have you done an sd check? The camera DOES take pictures with my cards

Maybe I will have my cameras working by the time deer season is over

A one line answer back from tech support - have you done an sd check? The camera DOES take pictures with my cards

Maybe I will have my cameras working by the time deer season is over
pm me your contact info phone and email and ill have someone contact you to go over it with you on the phone while you have the camera in hand

Support said I was going to have to send both cameras back

Support said I was going to have to send both cameras back
if you want someone to run through it with you on the phone before you send them back send me your info, if you'd rather send them back they will test them and replace or fix pretty quickly. These are L series Cuddelink cameras correct ? not TRACKS stand alone cell cameras ?

if you want someone to run through it with you on the phone before you send them back send me your info, if you'd rather send them back they will test them and replace or fix pretty quickly. These are L series Cuddelink cameras correct ? not TRACKS stand alone cell cameras ?
L series

I will just send them back. Fought it long enough. Thanks

? how to remove camera ?
Had a few issues yesterday working on the 5 cameras set up far from my house. The multiple issues confused the problem solving effort. One issue: I ended up with more cameras on the system than what I had mounted on trees. It wasn't until I got home and was putting away the cameras I didn't have time to mount, that I realized 2 of them were powered on. I reckon I powered them on 6 weeks ago to do settings while at home, and never turned them off. Then yesterday while I was working on my network in the woods, the woods cameras started communicating with the cameras boxed in the truck, and thus I ended up with extras on the network. I think that's pretty funny. Didn't even have the antenna mounted, but I was parked close enough to get a 99 link strength. Boy howdy was I mixed up. Now the extra cameras are indeed turned off, and we're 120 miles from the Cudde network, but the extras are still on the Cudde Report, with pending setting changes that I made. I don't see a "delete" anywhere on Camp. Will Camp drop the unconnected camera after a period of time? Is there a delete technique I don't know about?
Thanks for any assistance.