Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

Well I’ve lost a few of the non-armored power cables, and antenna to squirrels, but this is a first!

View attachment 65545
Squirrels do that when you don't pay rent.

SOB must have high speed steel for teeth, look how much it took off the screw.

Alright so 4 of my cuddeback cameras are saying Firmware 8.3 and 2 are saying firmware 1.4. Thought they were all the same. How urgent is it that I get them all on the same firmware? Am I potentially missing pictures?

Alright so 4 of my cuddeback cameras are saying Firmware 8.3 and 2 are saying firmware 1.4. Thought they were all the same. How urgent is it that I get them all on the same firmware? Am I potentially missing pictures?
If I'm not mistaken, 8.3 is the most current firmware for G, J, & K series cameras. Those saying 1.4 are L cameras and could be updated to 1.7.

If I'm not mistaken, 8.3 is the most current firmware for G, J, & K series cameras. Those saying 1.4 are L cameras and could be updated to 1.7.
this is correct, the L uses a different firmware but will work with older gen cameras as long as they are on 8.3- you can update your L series to 1.7. Leave your others on 8.3

Is it possible to use another brand of solar panel with the cuddelink L series? I have some Tactacams panels, but I think I saw somewhere that the output voltage is different but I cannot confirm that.

Is it possible to use another brand of solar panel with the cuddelink L series? I have some Tactacams panels, but I think I saw somewhere that the output voltage is different but I cannot confirm that.
you need to make sure the panel doesnt put more than 9 volts into the camera, it will run on 6 and up to 9 but over nine will fry the camera.

I'm finally getting a few good bucks to show up on camera.....tho the thumbnails in low light are not the best. Anyway.....is there any way to save those thumbnails on my computer so I can post them on a website. I cannot figure it out.

I'm finally getting a few good bucks to show up on camera.....tho the thumbnails in low light are not the best. Anyway.....is there any way to save those thumbnails on my computer so I can post them on a website. I cannot figure it out.
you should be able to send/save from the app or camp , in the app you just click on the image and the send /save feature is at the bottom(box with up arrow in it). In camp (i use a mac )i jsut double click and then save to photos , im sure windows has a similar function.

you should be able to send/save from the app or camp , in the app you just click on the image and the send /save feature is at the bottom(box with up arrow in it). In camp (i use a mac )i jsut double click and then save to photos , im sure windows has a similar function. Here is an example. Wish I could see this better.....but not willing to pull cards to find out more. Just gotta wait for a better pic.
I have a MacBook Air.....and will try what you say here. THANKS John.....your the best!8405205D-59AE-4864-957D-E7536AF6EC54.jpeg

I have a MacBook Air.....and will try what you say here. THANKS John.....your the best!
i should specify two finger click, i also share and that allows you to send to photos as well.

Is there any updates on the zoom lens camera?

i believe we will have limited amount available in august - they are in production now
Another question. Are they only available as cuddelink cams? I'd be interested in a standalone too.

Another question. Are they only available as cuddelink cams? I'd be interested in a standalone too.
yes only in cuddelink, you can turn that mode off though and use them that way.

Is it possible to purchase a cuddelink cap and antenna as replacement parts?

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

Is it possible to purchase a cuddelink cap and antenna as replacement parts?

they possibly still have some left but wont for long, call CS next week

I've got seven Cuddebacks on my Cellular link system. Been very happy with minimal issues to the cameras. I keep them out about six months / year.....but will leave my building site and my home units out all winter. Other than some battery changes and a mount replacement they operate without a hitch. This is my third year.

What would be a good expectation for service life of these cameras before they need to be replaced? Any longevity stories?

Foggy 47:

I’ve run as many as 60 cameras, on up to three systems, since shortly after CuddeLink were available. Just searched my emails and found my first order from 2018. The J cameras are the worst. I’ve lost many to ant infestation and moisture intrusion. That said, I’ve still got a few original Js going strong. Lost a few Gs to water intrusion, but cannot specifically remember a G getting infested with ants. Some Js and Gs have died for no apparent reason, but not many. I’ve lost a few of both J & G when the straps or plastic mounts break as they deteriorate with age. When the camera drops from either of those occurrences, it sometimes snaps the antenna stem off the camera. Not the antenna, but the threaded stem coming out of the camera that the antenna screws onto. If that happens to a J camera - it’s toast. On a G camera you can sometimes rob an antenna cap off a camera that died for other reasons. I’ve also had a few drop into annually rising water when the strap or mount broke. Just bad timing and ruins the camera. I’ve got 8 newer L cameras out there, and so far they seem the best sealed to keep the ants and water out. No L failures yet, and not enough time to give any real feedback on them. I will say the Powerhouse IR G cameras seem to give the best (transmitted) images, with the IR L cameras next best. I no longer buy any type of black flash, as they just don’t penetrate the night as well as the low glow IR, and I don’t feel like the low glow IR significantly spook my deer. I still have two older white flash, and while they take good night pics, I DO feel that they spook deer.

That’s about all I can think to spew at the moment. Cheers, Steve.

Oh, wait…. The new shade solar panels are the BEST!!! Have deployed those on nearly every camera and what a game changer. Don’t have to visit the cameras unless I want to pull a high resolution image off the card, or my annual visit to check straps, mounts, and clean lenses.

Foggy 47:

I’ve run as many as 60 cameras, on up to three systems, since shortly after CuddeLink were available. Just searched my emails and found my first order from 2018. The J cameras are the worst. I’ve lost many to ant infestation and moisture intrusion. That said, I’ve still got a few original Js going strong. Lost a few Gs to water intrusion, but cannot specifically remember a G getting infested with ants. Some Js and Gs have died for no apparent reason, but not many. I’ve lost a few of both J & G when the straps or plastic mounts break as they deteriorate with age. When the camera drops from either of those occurrences, it sometimes snaps the antenna stem off the camera. Not the antenna, but the threaded stem coming out of the camera that the antenna screws onto. If that happens to a J camera - it’s toast. On a G camera you can sometimes rob an antenna cap off a camera that died for other reasons. I’ve also had a few drop into annually rising water when the strap or mount broke. Just bad timing and ruins the camera. I’ve got 8 newer L cameras out there, and so far they seem the best sealed to keep the ants and water out. No L failures yet, and not enough time to give any real feedback on them. I will say the Powerhouse IR G cameras seem to give the best (transmitted) images, with the IR L cameras next best. I no longer buy any type of black flash, as they just don’t penetrate the night as well as the low glow IR, and I don’t feel like the low glow IR significantly spook my deer. I still have two older white flash, and while they take good night pics, I DO feel that they spook deer.

That’s about all I can think to spew at the moment. Cheers, Steve.

Oh, wait…. The new shade solar panels are the BEST!!! Have deployed those on nearly every camera and what a game changer. Don’t have to visit the cameras unless I want to pull a high resolution image off the card, or my annual visit to check straps, mounts, and clean lenses.
Hello Mad Mad, on your sun/shade solar cams. Are you running them with batteries or without. With the price of batteries I'm seeing if I can run my cams this year strictly on solar

Hello Mad Mad, on your sun/shade solar cams. Are you running them with batteries or without. With the price of batteries I'm seeing if I can run my cams this year strictly on solar

I’m running Sun /shade this year. While I have batteries in mine, they have run strictly on the solar since I installed them. These are on a field edge with higher than average canopy, so never in full sun. Love them so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk