Cuddelink L series Q & A

john volkman

5 year old buck +
I decided to start a new thread regarding the New L series which includes the Cuddelink L series and the Tracks stand alone cell cameras . Today the new website went live and there is a firmware update available for the L series that will optimize day time images on the L series IR cuddelink cameras that just hit the market.

Do you have an ETA on the L series with the remaining flash options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have an ETA on the L series with the remaining flash options?

black flash will be summer , white flash strobe will be late in the year at best.

Will the new firmware fix this, new L series verses G ?

Attachments

• T_00011.JPG
    T_00011.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 35
  • T_00007 (2).JPG
    T_00007 (2).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 34
  • T_00004 (2).JPG
    T_00004 (2).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 35
  • T_00010 (2).JPG
    T_00010 (2).JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 35
Will the new firmware fix this, new L series verses G ?
the firmware update improves day time images on the L, it wont be the exact same as the G since many components are different, you will notice nighttime images are consistently better on the L over the J and even the g in some cases, attached a couple pics with the update on an LADA2BFED-7942-4063-AB36-27530C109217.jpeg11300BB1-57C9-4937-8945-6D1720C241F1.jpeg

Reactions: 356
I would like to start building a network of cameras for my property which I live on. I have read through some of the other thread- but here are my questions: I don’t need a cell camera, right? What cameras should I start with? As I am starting from scratch, should I buy Series L exclusively?

I would like to start building a network of cameras for my property which I live on. I have read through some of the other thread- but here are my questions: I don’t need a cell camera, right? What cameras should I start with? As I am starting from scratch, should I buy Series L exclusively?
you dont need a cell camera as long as you are ok with accessing your images by visiting one camera in your network. You can always add cell function to it at a later date by adding a cellular cuddelink home unit. Start with the L series as that is the newest version and all that is avialable other than the cell home unit. I would also recommend using solar if you prefer to not ever touch your cameras for long periods of time. , it will also save you money in the long run.

Regarding the solar panels, does the panel have to face a certain direction? I would like to do solar, but a couple of them would have to face North to get away from the canopy. Obviously that is not ideal. Would I be better going with the dual power or something similar in that case?

Regarding the solar panels, does the panel have to face a certain direction? I would like to do solar, but a couple of them would have to face North to get away from the canopy. Obviously that is not ideal. Would I be better going with the dual power or something similar in that case?

the standard 3600 panel needs 5-6 hours of full sun.... so that one needs to face a direction with some south in it, and be in the open - the PW-003 shade panel works in tree canopy but i would still face it south east or west , it doesnt need full sun to charge.

the standard 3600 panel needs 5-6 hours of full sun.... so that one needs to face a direction with some south in it, and be in the open - the PW-003 shade panel works in tree canopy but i would still face it south east or west , it doesnt need full sun to charge.
John is the authority on this, but from a user perspective, I am running 3600s on my J-cameras and am very happy with their performance. I started using these before the PW-003 was available, and they have kept going in marginal sun and mounted, depending on the trees, north, east and south in fairly wooded areas. I am generally not in "high picture" areas where 30-100 pictures per day are taken, and that clearly impacts battery life. But for my use, the 3600's have been great.

John, how does battery consumption on the L's compare to the J's?

John is the authority on this, but from a user perspective, I am running 3600s on my J-cameras and am very happy with their performance. I started using these before the PW-003 was available, and they have kept going in marginal sun and mounted, depending on the trees, north, east and south in fairly wooded areas. I am generally not in "high picture" areas where 30-100 pictures per day are taken, and that clearly impacts battery life. But for my use, the 3600's have been great.

I was hoping someone would discuss this! Was wondering about that myself!

slightly better at best ,there isnt a way to get around the draw from constant communication between units, solar is by far the best way to run Cuddelink.

Reactions: 356
the firmware update improves day time images on the L, it wont be the exact same as the G since many components are different, you will notice nighttime images are consistently better on the L over the J and even the g in some cases, attached a couple pics with the update on an LView attachment 51521View attachment 51522
Have to be honest John don't care for the purple in the pics

Will the 3600 panels work on the new L model series? @john volkman

Do these new L series still have that audible click from the filter? Looking to upgrade from my J cams that are so loud.

Do these new L series still have that audible click from the filter? Looking to upgrade from my J cams that are so loud.
They don’t have the click from the filter, as the new L cameras have a new security grade IR-cut filter for silent operations.

The IR version L series still does have a moving filter and it does make an audible sound. The intent was to remove it all together but the image quality wasnt were it needed to be on the IR version when doing so. Black flash version (when it does arrive) will likely not have a filter. At this point im unsure when we will have Black flash. They also changed the firmware on the IR so that the filter only moves once at Duck and dawn ( outside of any wildly unnatural light changes).
I have not noticed any deer avoidance with my L series IR, in fact im getting even more pictures because of increased detection range and the fact that all images are very good quality. I know some people believe they have game avoidance from the filter noise when it moves once at dawn and once at dusk. .

When will the L-series Cell Home be in stock?