Cuddelink L series Q & A

Well im not sure how to turn the cell mode off. Never had one to do this. And of coarse my warranty has expired.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Well im not sure how to turn the cell mode off. Never had one to do this. And of coarse my warranty has expired.

try the reset under tests. if its a j cmaera there isnt a cell mode. Link mode under link menu is what you would want to look for after you do the reset. If link menu is gone after the reset, then the radio failed. Even if its out of warranty , they will allow you to trade it in towards a new L series at a significant discount, its the replace with new option when you call in they will explain it. .

Reactions: 356

one other thing to try is to pull the batteries while its on, leave it be for 30 minutes before re installing batteries

1.7 is the latest firmware but you need to load it at the camera, it cant be done remotely, you can change out the SD card also- if you want to try something remotely change your cmaera delay and add a time lapse delay like 12-24 hours .
Where can I get 1.7? Don't see it on their download page.

one other thing to try is to pull the batteries while its on, leave it be for 30 minutes before re installing batteries
It was frozen with a TX error. Had to pull the batteries. When the cam turned back on, it still has the date time from when it crashed 3 weeks ago. Are there plans for the cell cams to pull the date/time via the cell network? Would be a handy feature. I believe other brands do this.

It was frozen with a TX error. Had to pull the batteries. When the cam turned back on, it still has the date time from when it crashed 3 weeks ago. Are there plans for the cell cams to pull the date/time via the cell network? Would be a handy feature. I believe other brands do this.
there is plans for that but its a longer process since remotes using RF network link to the home units cell time, Time zone also play a factor so its not an easy project.

The remote pics from the time the home froze to the time it was back online had the correct date. Once they started to sync, the remotes all got the old date. Seems like they're most of the way there.

there is plans for that but its a longer process since remotes using RF network link to the home units cell time, Time zone also play a factor so its not an easy project.
Are there plans to add the following?
- Temperature to the pics. Some older Cuddeback cams did this
- Battery percentage or external/solar percentage
- Request a full resolution version of specific images? I had this option on some other brand cell cams and liked it.

Are there plans to add the following?
- Temperature to the pics. Some older Cuddeback cams did this
- Battery percentage or external/solar percentage
- Request a full resolution version of specific images? I had this option on some other brand cell cams and liked it.
no plans for temp- at best we may have an option to link it to a weather report by day but i believe one can already do that on yoru own.
battery percentage is difficult since its so variable based on ambient temp with alkaline, this is why its just EXT Ok, EXT low , OK, Low- its only accurate in a range so i doubt this will happen.
Full resolution transmission is being worked on but its a lot of work, and a challenge using RF, it will come with a lot of customer confusion since it will slow down your network quite a bit - that said they are working on it and i think it will happen at some point. Your entire network will get shut down for long periods of time while a remote sends a hi res image to the home for this to work. A hi res image is exponentially slower to transit than a thumbnail Via rf. Cell network transmission is easy to accomplish.

no plans for temp- at best we may have an option to link it to a weather report by day but i believe one can already do that on yoru own

battery percentage is difficult since its so variable based on ambient temp with alkaline, this is why its just EXT Ok, EXT low , OK, Low- its only accurate in a range so i doubt this will happen.

Full resolution transmission is being worked on but its a lot of work, and a challenge using RF, it will come with a lot of customer confusion since it will slow down your network quite a bit - that said they are working on it and i think it will happen at some point. Your entire network will get shut down for long periods of time while a remote sends a hi res image to the home for this to work. A hi res image is exponentially slower to transit than a thumbnail Via rf. Cell network transmission is easy to accomplish.
Thanks, I didn't realize there were power indicators. I wasn't sure what "OK" really meant. I do have two cams that aren't changing their external power settings when I try to change it through the Camp app. One is on a solar panel, and one is an external 12V battery.

Thanks, I didn't realize there were power indicators. I wasn't sure what "OK" really meant. I do have two cams that aren't changing their external power settings when I try to change it through the Camp app. One is on a solar panel, and one is an external 12V battery.
im not sure what you mean by external power settings? do you mean Flash/ir mode setting?
you cant change the external power settings, the external shows when the voltage is higher than the internal and only on 4D cameras.

If I open the app, and in the settings for a cam, scroll all the way down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240212-201143.png
    Screenshot_20240212-201143.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240212-201148.png
    Screenshot_20240212-201148.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 7
If I open the app, and in the settings for a cam, scroll all the way down.
that is just for you to label what the particular camera has on it , its not a setting - you fill in the cell for reference

that is just for you to label what the particular camera has on it , its not a setting - you fill in the cell for reference
Gotcha. It still doesn't stick for two of the cams. Strange.

no plans for temp- at best we may have an option to link it to a weather report by day but i believe one can already do that on yoru own.
Temperature from trail cameras is worthless in my experience because the sensors are net setup to read ambient temperature. They are setup to read the temperature of the camera case and whatever sunlight it receives. I am glad Cuddeback recognized this and spared us from erroneous numbers.

I have a question about data overages and ways to deal with them. (Cell cam froze, so had 3 weeks of pics on the next month's allotment)

1. When I run out of pics, will the "backlog" of pics transmit when the month rolls over?
2. Is there a way to ignore the "backlog" of pics and not have them transmit, but leave them on the camera?
3. Or do I have to delete them to start fresh? How do I do that? Format the card?
4. If I have to format the card, can I send the format during the "overage" period, and still have the cards wiped?

1. yes, they will attempt to transmit if they are waiting on the card and in the remote que.
2. yes, clear your remote que and cell que on all cameras, this is assuming there is less than the CL count or QUE is currently set to hold ( 250 images is default )
3. You can clear the card but you will lose the images.
4 , im not sure if it will clear the que or cards remotely if your data plan is used up for the month but you can try and the sport will show the status in a couple days.
most people just check the overage box , for $5 i dont know anyone that doesnt want to see all the pics!

1. yes, they will attempt to transmit if they are waiting on the card and in the remote que.
2. yes, clear your remote que and cell que on all cameras, this is assuming there is less than the CL count or QUE is currently set to hold ( 250 images is default )
3. You can clear the card but you will lose the images.
4 , im not sure if it will clear the que or cards remotely if your data plan is used up for the month but you can try and the sport will show the status in a couple days.
most people just check the overage box , for $5 i dont know anyone that doesnt want to see all the pics!
Thanks. In February, it's all does and bucks who dropped their antlers. It's only a week or so, so overage charges make more sense in summer and fall

Is there a list of what the error codes mean somewhere? My dad was at camp this weekend and was addressing the data overage by just clearing the memory cards from the commands menu. One of the cards was throwing an "Error 10" when he tried to clear the card. This was on a G series cell cam with the 8.3 firmware. He eventually put a new, blank SD card in, which passed the memory check, and all was fine.

Is there a list of what the error codes mean somewhere? My dad was at camp this weekend and was addressing the data overage by just clearing the memory cards from the commands menu. One of the cards was throwing an "Error 10" when he tried to clear the card. This was on a G series cell cam with the 8.3 firmware. He eventually put a new, blank SD card in, which passed the memory check, and all was fine.
there is, but its not public since different codes mean different things on different cameras, that said if you call CS ask here or on FB pages someone will aways answer. In your case, thats a general SD card error meaning the card is corrupted , to large or something else is wrong with it like format or structural damage.It also could have ben inserted wrong or not far enough. I would try another card and or try formatting that card on a computer. You can also clear your internal memory on the G without a card in it in case something is awry there.