Cuddelink general Q&A recommendations

Hello Mad Mad, on your sun/shade solar cams. Are you running them with batteries or without. With the price of batteries I'm seeing if I can run my cams this year strictly on solar

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk
Almost all are without. The three home cameras have batteries for back up, and a few others that still had good batteries in them when the solar were installed. I did have a couple of the new solar fail (water intrusion I think), but the rest are working great, even in the deepest woods. Very nice not buying batteries anymore for 60ish cameras!

Thanks this is very helpful.

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

1000000923.jpg
Anyone have any thoughts/tips on how to deal with this? These pics are usually in the AM on north facing cams. Could I create some sort of visor for the cam to block the sun? Would it affect the flash?

View attachment 67314
Anyone have any thoughts/tips on how to deal with this? These pics are usually in the AM on north facing cams. Could I create some sort of visor for the cam to block the sun? Would it affect the flash?
Can you turn it? I've found even just a degree or two can help that sometimes.

View attachment 67314
is this all year or recently? if not all year the sun angle will change dramatically soon

is this all year or recently? if not all year the sun angle will change dramatically soon
I think we have adjusted in slightly. It helps, but the sun moves. I think moisture contributes to the issue, as it only happens sporadically on two cams.

link question
1723827924988.png

Imagine a Y. Home / 1 is at the bottom of the Y. Cams 3 and 4 are at the left and right top tips of the Y. I wasn't sure if that would work, so I added the repeater cam 2 at the center junction of the Y. In my report above, does the "links 2" mean those cameras are going through the repeater to get to home? e.g. the repeater is necessary?
Is there a way to turn off the repeater to test if the cams can connect to home on their own? I mean, through the app, since this network is far from my home.
The next time I'm on site, I'll be adding another camera beyond SOLAR LANE, and another camera that will go directly to HOME.
Also, since Battery report is OK for 1 and 2, does that mean my solar panels aren't plugged in right? It has solar, and set it to solar in the app, but not showing up here. Maybe a connection issue?

link question
View attachment 67336

Imagine a Y. Home / 1 is at the bottom of the Y. Cams 3 and 4 are at the left and right top tips of the Y. I wasn't sure if that would work, so I added the repeater cam 2 at the center junction of the Y. In my report above, does the "links 2" mean those cameras are going through the repeater to get to home? e.g. the repeater is necessary?
Is there a way to turn off the repeater to test if the cams can connect to home on their own? I mean, through the app, since this network is far from my home.
The next time I'm on site, I'll be adding another camera beyond SOLAR LANE, and another camera that will go directly to HOME.
Also, since Battery report is OK for 1 and 2, does that mean my solar panels aren't plugged in right? It has solar, and set it to solar in the app, but not showing up here. Maybe a connection issue?
camera 4 and 7 are using another camera or the repeater to get home, there isnt a way to turn off the repeater remotely you would need to manually turn it Off to determine if 4 and 7 can get home without it.
camera 1 and 3 are using internal power - so either the charge in th spend dropped below 6 volts or the cable was compromised, if your report doesnt show ext ok in a few days then i would assume something it up with the panel or cable or the connection

View attachment 67314
I've seen on ETSY someone has 3D printed a box - essentially creating a visor for Cuddeback Cameras. Might be worth looking exploring that as a secondary option to tweaking angle.

How long for new cell cam to activate. Says pending activation

Ok, shows new camera activated. Will not connect on cell menu. Another old cuddeback on connects in same place, a tactacam has three bars and my cell bas two bars - lte. What to try?

Ok, shows new camera activated. Will not connect on cell menu. Another old cuddeback on connects in same place, a tactacam has three bars and my cell bas two bars - lte. What to try?
pull batteries, let screen die so its BLANK (takes a few minutes ) , re insert and then run cell test in cell menu

pull batteries, let screen die so its BLANK (takes a few minutes ) , re insert and then run cell test in cell menu
Worked like a charm - thanks!

Will a G home work with an L remote?

Also, the L remote will not take the two sandisk 16 g cards I have tried - any advice?

Also, the L remote will not take the two sandisk 16 g cards I have tried - any advice?
Yes

Make sure they're U3/class 10 SD cards. They need to be formated in FAT. Will a PC read them?

make sure your G home is on 8.3, current firmware on L is 1.7 and they work with 8.3

Yes

Make sure they're U3/class 10 SD cards. They need to be formated in FAT. Will a PC read them?
Yes, a pc reads them. They are a standard blue sandisk 8 or 16 g

Yes, a pc reads them. They are a standard blue sandisk 8 or 16 g
unless they were used in something else under another format they should work , id try a different card , or pull batteries on the L and let screen die then reinsert and try the card

Just out of curiosity when you say will not take, do you mean will not fit or will not read( Check SD)
The Ls take the card label up.